Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympia Theatre Question

Options
  • 18-02-2013 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hey just a question about the Olympia. Just got my ticket to Steve Aoki there today and seating row something is on my ticket...I assumed for a concert of this nature it would all be standing area? I know that the O2 prevents people from going from seating to standing areas but can someone shed some light on this for me please? :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Standing tickets will have a seat number on them. It is standard practice. If you bought a standing ticket then you will be standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

The seating in the Olympia is fixed and there is no standing area.

Are your seats in the stalls downstairs or the Circle ? There are two different entrances for both areas so you def cant move between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

it says row d then a seat number on it...and below that is the word circle? Surely we can't be seating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

huskerdu wrote: »

Are your seats in the stalls downstairs or the Circle ? There are two different entrances for both areas so you def cant move between the two.
    seating on ground floor is removed for some gigs.You cant move between different sections though

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

Ground floor is standing.
    Circle seating reserved seating.
    and Upper Circle is unreserved seating, which means you grab any seat you like.

The seats in the Circle and Upper Circle cannot be removed.

You wont be able to go to the standing area as all Sections have different entrance and each floor has their own bar/wc.

Now sometimes it states on a ticket as "standing" or "ground floor" with what appears to be "Row" and "Seat" but its just for them to keep track on sold tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

JamieK wrote: »
    it says row d then a seat number on it...and below that is the word circle? Surely we can't be seating?

It is seating ... May I asked what number as you could sit right behind a pillar.
    Usually the views are good from the circle thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,906 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's a seated ticket. The stage is quite high in the Olympia so you'll probably have a better view from the seats than you would straining your neck down in standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

How can you state something so patently false? Have you ever been there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There most certainly was a standing area when I saw the Queens of the Stoneage there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I don't understand why you're in such disbelief.
    Try sell the ticket on toutless and buy standing tickets. Like you say though it's a dance gig so you'd probably struggle to give away seated tickets for free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You have a seated ticket.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement