Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flickering lights

Options
  • 18-02-2013 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

anybody any idea on flickering lights in house it seems to be on all lightbulbs in everyroom in the house at the moment and bedroom light has blown twice when changed in last day ... worried it may be serious issue and should i get an electrician in as soon as possible to check it out..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kieran24883

this is a new one on me, but if all light bulbs are flickering, the only place to start looking for a problem is in the fuseboard but dont try it yourself, its possibly a loose connection on the 10amp mcb's or a loose neutral, have you any problems with sockets, heating etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

House could be haunted;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

call an electrician

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

this is a new one on me, but if all light bulbs are flickering, the only place to start looking for a problem is in the fuseboard but dont try it yourself, its possibly a loose connection on the 10amp mcb's or a loose neutral, have you any problems with sockets, heating etc?

no heating/ sockets seems to be ok , electrician here today he could not find anything abnormal calling back tomorrow to check individual lights and light switches :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭whizbang

Old trick.- get an old Medium or long wave AM radio, tune it to no station. just hissing static noise.
    then go around the house with the radio, placing it near switches, lights, sockets, fuseboard etc.

if you hear louder fizzing crackling noises near any of the above, then investigate further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 kieran24883

Keep us updated on this one. It's strange he didn't stay at the job until he fixed it

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Keep us updated on this one. It's strange he didn't stay at the job until he fixed it

Sorted had to call the Esb today lights were really bad last night they were out in an hour and fixed it loose connection in meter outside house .. thats what the wife told me when i got home from work :D

Advertisement