Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playmat for 6 month old

Options
  • 18-02-2013 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Can anyone recommend a extra large playmat for a 6 month old. We would want to use it on a tiled floor so it would have to be very padded and easily cleaned as we have a cat who I am sure would love to sit on it!

I've looked at the numbered/lettered foam mats but I've heard that these are toxic so any other recommendations would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

Can anyone recommend a extra large playmat for a 6 month old. We would want to use it on a tiled floor so it would have to be very padded and easily cleaned as we have a cat who I am sure would love to sit on it!

I've looked at the numbered/lettered foam mats but I've heard that these are toxic so any other recommendations would be great.

Thanks!
    Is your baby crawling or moving around? Mine wouldn't stay on a playmat with an arch after 3 months old. I would advise to just put a blanket, fleece, or a fun carpet (like ikea ones) and his/her toys on them. I had 2 playmats and had to take the arch away as soon as she turned around and much preferred to play on her stomach, which was around 2/3 weeks so it really was a crappy investment! I found them too small for her to use as a playmat later on and after looking around didn't find bigger ones. Now she plays on the carpet (althout she doesn's stay on it very long).
    Also, the arches are usually very low and a 6 months old would be very tight in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

I would say the same as Lounakin, if she not crawling yet, it will not be long and you will not get your money's worth... I have those puzzle padded mat and I used to put them on the tiles, after a couple of times my boy was rolling himself of it and pulling the mat over him playing instead. I find that they learn very quickly that the hard floor is sore on the head and if they have a good head control, they will not bump it that much. I was putting the mat because its cold enough on the tiles, but I would have to cover the whole place with them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlisonRelihan

Oh I wouldn't get those small playmats with the arch. He's too old and loves playing on his tummy and rolling! I can't use a carpet as he has eczema so I would want something washable really I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

Something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiny-Love-834-003-Super-Mat/dp/B0034G61DC/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1361312942&sr=1-1

http://www.toys.ie/Playgro-Happy-House-Super-Mat-!122699-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=4f3f858d-cd8b-4e6d-9dbe-fc661da2fb35

My friend had one which was big enough for three precrawlers which I think she got in Smyths but I'm not sure if its one of the ones I linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I have the tiny love one. It's well paded and quite big. It's also warm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement