If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Suggestion for 5.1 Receiver and speaker system

Options
  • 18-02-2013 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭

Hi

The system is purely for blu ray playback through a projector. The room is roughly 13ft x 15ft there or there abouts. I have had a 100w per channel dvd 5.1 system fill the room adequately before. the new system doesnt need to be much louder than this. I am not particular about gimmicks,features etc. I just want decent sound for my budget of between 300-500 euro. any and all suggestions are welcome please, thankyou

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi

The system is purely for blu ray playback through a projector. The room is roughly 13ft x 15ft there or there abouts. I have had a 100w per channel dvd 5.1 system fill the room adequately before. the new system doesnt need to be much louder than this. I am not particular about gimmicks,features etc. I just want decent sound for my budget of between 300-500 euro. any and all suggestions are welcome please, thankyou

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

Do you currently have a blu-ray player or would you need one too?

For a system I'd recommend the Onkyo TXNR414 paired up with the Tannoy SFX 5.1 pack.  This would come in at £404.85 / €499.81 delivered.

Check the links below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/search/414

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/sfx5.1/tann-sfx5.1-blk

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

Do you currently have a blu-ray player or would you need one too?

For a system I'd recommend the Onkyo TXNR414 paired up with the Tannoy SFX 5.1 pack.  This would come in at £404.85 / €499.81 delivered.

Check the links below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/search/414

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/sfx5.1/tann-sfx5.1-blk

Chris
    Hi

Thanks for your response. Yeah looks good, I'll trust your judgement as I dont have a clue when it comes to speaker or receiver quality. Yes i would need a blu ray player also but from what ive researched picture quality between brands and models varies little. Again I am not interested in paying  extra for features I wont use. I just want quality picture from blu ray player and quality sound from amp and speakers. I welcome any suggestions anyway for blu ray player

Thank you

Cian

hi

Just looked at video review of your suggested receiver. I only need minimal nputs and outputs(I will only ever be using one in and one out from blu ray player to receiver and then out to projector). Networking,wi-fi,gui menus, radio, usb file playback etc is all not necessary for me. I doubt I will even play music c.d,s or files through system to be honest. It will be solely used for surround sound movies. I would be quite happy with a barebones features system once it has the best sound quality for that price point. That is most important aspect for me. I am not interested in a 3D facility in receiver either as projector is 2d.  Would you still suggest the same system as you have with all that in mind?Sorry should have mentioned all this before. Thankyou very much again

Regards

Cian

hi

Just looked at video review of your suggested receiver. I only need minimal nputs and outputs(I will only ever be using one in and one out from blu ray player to receiver and then out to projector). Networking,wi-fi,gui menus, radio, usb file playback etc is all not necessary for me. I doubt I will even play music c.d,s or files through system to be honest. It will be solely used for surround sound movies. I would be quite happy with a barebones features system once it has the best sound quality for that price point. That is most important aspect for me. I am not interested in a 3D facility in receiver either as projector is 2d.  Would you still suggest the same system as you have with all that in mind?Sorry should have mentioned all this before. Thankyou very much again

Regards

Cian

Hi Cian,

Thanks for getting back to me.

You could take a look at the following system then.  It's the same speaker pack paired up with the Yamaha RXV 373.  This is a fairly basic no thrills amp.  Sound quality is fantastic though which is obviously the main thing.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-system-deals/pah01858

For a blu-ray I'd suggest the Panasonic DMPBDT120MR.  This is a great player without going into silly money.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/toshiba/bdx4350/tosh-bdx4350

Full price for the whole lot including delivery would be €567.71 inc delivery.  Little over budget but its worth the extra few quid :)

Chris

Hi Cian,

Thanks for getting back to me.

You could take a look at the following system then.  It's the same speaker pack paired up with the Yamaha RXV 373.  This is a fairly basic no thrills amp.  Sound quality is fantastic though which is obviously the main thing.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-system-deals/pah01858

For a blu-ray I'd suggest the Panasonic DMPBDT120MR.  This is a great player without going into silly money.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/toshiba/bdx4350/tosh-bdx4350

Full price for the whole lot including delivery would be €567.71 inc delivery.  Little over budget but its worth the extra few quid

Chris
    Hi

sound, thanks a mill for the suggestions..id be clueless otherwise. I see that yamaha receiver got some excellent reviews. I might yet go for the onkyo one yet though as it is slightly louder from what ive read? Would onkyo be noticeably louder? Tough decision between the two! For pure sound quality alone you would opt for the yamaha though?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi

sound, thanks a mill for the suggestions..id be clueless otherwise. I see that yamaha receiver got some excellent reviews. I might yet go for the onkyo one yet though as it is slightly louder from what ive read? Would onkyo be noticeably louder? Tough decision between the two! For pure sound quality alone you would opt for the yamaha though?

Thanks

Hi again,

No problem at all, it's what we're here for :)

I prefer the Yamaha for it's stereo performance, for listening to music via the USB input from an Ipod it sounds great!  Also very good for home cinema too so a nice all rounder.

The Onkyo again is a great amp, its great for home cinema and not bad at all for music. 

I've heard both amps before running in store and the Onkyo was slightly noticeable power wise. 

Chris

Hi again,

No problem at all, it's what we're here for

I prefer the Yamaha for it's stereo performance, for listening to music via the USB input from an Ipod it sounds great!  Also very good for home cinema too so a nice all rounder.

The Onkyo again is a great amp, its great for home cinema and not bad at all for music. 

I've heard both amps before running in store and the Onkyo was slightly noticeable power wise. 

Chris
    Hi

Whats the best price you could do for rx373 and tannoys sfx 5.1 delivered? thx

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi

Whats the best price you could do for rx373 and tannoys sfx 5.1 delivered? thx
    Tyler.

I can do the RXV373 with the Tannoy SFX5.1 at just £349.95 for the combo - delivery would be £12.95

Alternatively I can also do the RXV373 with the far superior Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 kit at £429.95 - have a look at the vectors here: http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/vector/

Keep me posted!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Tyler.

I can do the RXV373 with the Tannoy SFX5.1 at just £349.95 for the combo - delivery would be £12.95

Alternatively I can also do the RXV373 with the far superior Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 kit at £429.95 - have a look at the vectors here: http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/vector/

Keep me posted!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi

How much could you do the rx373 and [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BOSTON SOUNDWARE XS SE for?thx[/font]

Hi

How much could you do the rx373 and BOSTON SOUNDWARE XS SE for?thx

Hi Tyler,

We can offer the 373 and Boston pack for just £429.95.  Again we could do delivery for just £12.99.

Chris

• Advertisement

Hi

How much for RXV373 with the Tannoy SFX5.1 delivered?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi

How much for RXV373 with the Tannoy SFX5.1 delivered?

Thanks
    tylercheribini,

many thanks for the opportunity to quote - the RXV373 with the SFX5.1 is £349.95 and delivery anywhere in Ireland is £12.95 - in euro we can quote a fixed price of €439.99 (including del).

If you wanted to go with the new RXV375 with the SFX 5.1 we can do that at £369.95 / €449.99 or with the Matching Yamaha NSP40 5.1 speaker pack at £319.95 / €399.99 - again delivery would be £12.95 on these systems..

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv375/yama-rxv375-blk
    http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/speaker-systems/speaker-packages/ns-p40_w/

Thanks again and keep us posted if any of these grabs your fancy!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi

Whats latest price for RXV373 with the Tannoy SFX5.1 delivered?

Thanks

Hi

Whats latest price for RXV373 with the Tannoy SFX5.1 delivered?

Thanks
    Hi Tyler,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I could offer the package delivered for just £384.85.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.