Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can i buy TWD comics?

• 18-02-2013 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

As the title suggests where can i buy the comic series? Recently got into the tv series watching all the episodes within a week (im off work with a back injury). Id like to see how the story lines pan out in both medias.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Forbidden Planet on the quays near the Happenny Bridge. Might be expensive in there so I would check online as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Chapters bookshop too. Easons on o connell street have the compendiums i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

You can get digital copies too. Im reading them on my ipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

etloveslsd wrote: »
    You can get digital copies too. Im reading them on my ipad.
    That sounds ideal. Im down the country so going ti dublin is a bit if a chore.

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    That sounds ideal. Im down the country so going ti dublin is a bit if a chore.

There is an app called comics X (I think), it works on other platforms than apple. or you can get them through itunes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

The Big Bang in Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

The Big Bang in Dundrum
    Just checked itunes. There are quite a few and fairly expensive also at €8.99. How many are there? Is one comic equivalent to one episode or how does it work? Sorry for the noob questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

I buy them in volumes. Of which there are 17. They come out approx every 6 months or so. The compendiums contain about 8 volumes.

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Just checked itunes. There are quite a few and fairly expensive also at €8.99. How many are there? Is one comic equivalent to one episode or how does it work? Sorry for the noob questions.

The books that are 8.99 are 8 individual issues. They are about 140 pages long. These would be around €18 paper editions. You could also get The compendium which is 12 or so books in one volume. as the poster above said 8 books.

The books are fairly close to a TV series timewise, but I have only read the first 2 books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I read it by the volumes, on volume 11 ATM.

It terms of pacing, season 1 is volume 1, 2 is 2, however season 3 is a good number of the volumes; the prison is a massive massive story in the comics.

As for buying them, cheapest place is www.bookdepository.co.uk , they are less than €10, often in sales and delivery is free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Forbidden planet by the haapenny bridge and Subcity on wicklow street are my goto shops for all my comic needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

i was in the big bang comic store in dundrum town center yesterday, they have plenty of copies available from 1-17, i got vol 1 & 2 myself to see how it differs from the tv series.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Buy the compendiums online, on Amazon, great value for money. I have 1 & 2, great reading in both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I've just finished the second compendium. Where do I go from here?

I have Road to Woodbury, and will be picking up Rise of the Governor soon, but comic wise...?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I've just finished the second compendium. Where do I go from here?

I have Road to Woodbury, and will be picking up Rise of the Governor soon, but comic wise...?

The second compendium brings you up to issue 96. You can get Volume 17, that covers issue #97 to 102. The next volume after that isn't available for release until June 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I bought the first compendium but found it just too clunky and heavy. If you can spare a few quid extra it's worth investing in the deluxe hardback books. They cover less issues per volume but they look fantastic lined up on the shelf, the glossy pages feel great and there are some nice extras which you don't get in the compendiums.
    Sub City on Exchequer St had a decent range in when I was there a couple of days ago. Splash out, you'll be glad you did in a few years' time!

Advertisement