Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found a Safe.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Just realised I forgot to tell you all that this isn't the first safe I have found in the shed. I found a open gun safe when I first moved in. It was of course empty.

Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Just realised I forgot to tell you all that this isn't the first safe I have found in the shed. I found a open gun safe when I first moved in. It was of course empty.

What of that what you will.

great!!, now you tell us

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I'm surprised you ever got into the shed... come on OP get it open!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I'm surprised you ever got into the shed... come on OP get it open!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Are you sure it is a shed? I think the previous owner either used to work in a Bank or was a property developer, nobody else would require 2 safes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

OP --- How is the anticipation of finding out whats inside not killing you.. I'd be taking day's off work just to get it open.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Don't open it! What if there's something really bad inside? Like you have to enter a code every 108 minutes to stop the world blowing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I guess with the gun safe, it has to be bullets?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The OP's balls are obviously locked up tight in the safe:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Next post from the OP:

"My alarm clock has just gone off - it was all a dream"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I guess with the gun safe, it has to be bullets?
    If that's the case DON'T USE THE GAS AXE!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Damn, I hate remaining oblivious to these classic boards threads until late on.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Ok Folks, heres a update.

Same result as yesterday. I chiselled down and didn't find anything i could drill into. See picture. It looks like i'm gonna have to kango it out and cut the bottom out of it. Anyone know how much it is to rent a kango? And maybe a consaw? It's a big job now. Here's how it looks now.

I've to go now. It's gonna be the weekend before i get at it again. And I've plans at the weekend so only god knows!

Oh great, now you've plans for the weekend, what am I gonna tell the BOSS, Even he's asking has the feckin damn thing opened yet :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

donvito99 wrote: »

Don't worry, it's still early days yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm going to be so bloody depressed if there's nothing decent inside...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

join the club, rapidly losing faith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

The mob are turning OP, you gotta feed 'em something soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

donvito99 wrote: »
    Don't worry, it's still early days yet.

Ya ,,, Early days !!!... He's dragging his heals lol..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

OP bought a house which was full of guns and a floor safe. Now we need to know how big the garden is, and if there's a basement. There could be all sorts around this property. Money. Gold. Three fingers of the left hand of an informant. Cake. Love letters. French letters. Aerial photography of Brussels airport. Obama's birth cert. The script for a Marcel Marceau show. A DNA test proving Brian Cowen is half cow.

But it's clearly out of his league. Never mind PayPal for a locksmith. Hunt out his address, then pile over there. I reckon by the time he gets home from work, boardsies can dig up the safe, the basement, half the garden, loot the attic and strip out the floorboards.

He'll be thrilled to get home and find his house surrounded by chainlink fencing, signs saying "warning, deep erections", and a bunch of smelly boardsies supping tea in a pile of recovered treasures. Possibly wearing his girlfriend's clothes. And spoilers of the last episode of love/hate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I don't know if this has already been posted but it was last month myself and my dad were watching some antiques programme on bbc and there was an old safe that hadn't been opened for over 100 years with something in it because there was a rattle inside when moved. They hosted a big fair etc for the opening of it because a special key was specifically made for this safe. Anyway, they proceeded to turn the key, everyone was excited, couldn't wait to find out what was in the safe, the guy who originally found it was buzzing with excitement...it opened...aaaaaaand wait for it.........wait for it.....................................................................wait for it........................................................wait for it....................................................it was a screw, that was it, a fúcking screw that had been making that rattling noise for all those years! I obviously laughed my head off but felt so bad for the poor bloke who was waiting for this day to come for over 40 years. I'll try and see if there's a clip of this on youtube.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Apart from My Missus and I you are the only ones who know about it.

That's only about 67,000 people.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

How long before we go all Hank from Me Myself & Irene on the OP?

I can only take so much of this before I finally crack. Soon we will all lose our mind, forget about the box and basically hunt him down.

OPEN THE BOX! :mad: <throws computer screen>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Good drill, new steel drill bits. Get the handle off and you'll have holes to get you started, lie with your weight on the drill at a slow setting and drill a circle of holes and punch out the middle. Do this twice at the handle locations. When done, torch shining through one hole and your eye to the other. 2 hours max if you keep the drill bits sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

OPEN THE SAFE ALREADY! ITS BEEN 3 LONG DAYS AND FRANKLY I'M GETTING A BIT PIS*ED OFF WAITING :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I think 'the mob' should come up with suitable punishment if there's nothing inside the 'safe'.......... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

I think 'the mob' should come up with suitable punishment if there's nothing inside the 'safe'.......... ;)

Let's lock him in the safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

lukesmom wrote: »
    OPEN THE SAFE ALREADY! ITS BEEN 3 LONG DAYS AND FRANKLY I'M GETTING A BIT PIS*ED OFF WAITING :eek:

Hope you have no plans for the weekend, cos the OP has!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

According to the OP "The previous owner is deceased". I suppose it all depends on how did he/she die and how quickly. Long slow medical condition where all valuables were handed over to family members and the safe is probably empty! A vicious gun battle which ended a long running drug war with a rival gand lord and we could be onto a real winner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

touts wrote: »
    According to the OP "The previous owner is deceased". I suppose it all depends on how did he/she die and how quickly. Long slow medical condition where all valuables were handed over to family members and the safe is probably empty! A vicious gun battle which ended a long running drug war with a rival gand lord and we could be onto a real winner!

OP has confirmed its stupid boring cancer! :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement