Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found a Safe.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Abi wrote: »
    Nah. He's leaving us hanging all weekend too by the looks of things.

I think I've found the house anyway :cool:

/paces floor with arm behind back

Ha ha, you used Apple street view- good luck in Guatemala :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,395 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Son0vagun wrote: »
    As much as I regret starting this thread, I'm glad I didn't start it when I orginally found the safe, which was last Saturday.

I'm still 100% dedicated to opening it, just be patient.

All your bullion are belong to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Can a mod update the thread title if / when the safe is opened or abandoned? Can't be arsed checking back here every hour.

May be a bad idea though, I could see the thread title being updated 'for a laugh'...

Should we have some numbers of support groups/ Samaritans etc listed at the start of this thread in case the safe turns out to be empty? There'll be a lot of depressed posters around AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Ha ha, you used Apple street view- good luck in Guatemala :D

Heh. Guatemala my arse, I've done my ground work here :p

Damn I'm scary. Scarily good :pac:

What can we do to while away the time until the safe is opened? Any stories about the safe that got away? 1001 safes to see before you die? Why opening safes can prolong your life by 5 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Hmm, reckon it could be done on the cheap without a Hobbs kit. The biggest pain in the asshole would be keeping the bolt thrower in tension while fiddling with the levers.

I know the principal, so I might be able to make some super cheap and disposable 2 in 1's for it. The fact that the keyway is plain will make it easier. Any idea on the measurements?
    Many years ago I did a similar looking lock with shaped bicycle spokes. But it was a fairly simple symmetrical lever lock and it took quite a while. If the key is asymmetrical you might have to pick it both ways. Then there's the possibility of anti-pick notches on the levers. It all depends on the level of security in the lock. If you can't find the make and model of the mechanism, you would be working blind... or more blind to be exact.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Juice1304 has first dibs on opening the safe. He's due home from school soon. And will be on line after he does his homework. But it take him up to two weeks to get the correct picks.

Are you really bipolar joe? I've had bad experiences with bipolar people!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Gosub wrote: »
    Many years ago I did a similar looking lock with shaped bicycle spokes. But it was a fairly simple symmetrical lever lock and it took quite a while. If the key is asymmetrical you might have to pick it both ways. Then there's the possibility of anti-pick notches on the levers. It all depends on the level of security in the lock. If you can't find the make and model of the mechanism, you would be working blind... or more blind to be exact.:)

Yeah, that's what's off-putting. In detective mode, here, but having it buried makes me think that whatever was / is in it is important, so it might have dummy levers. Still, it could be a lot of fun cracking it. It makes me feel like Robert Redford!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

We're all very stable here, one single mood:
    Open the Safe!

That's all we're thinking.
    All Day
    Every Day.

We're all very stable here, one single mood:
    Open the Safe!

That's all we're thinking.
    All Day
    Every Day.

Trust me, so am I.

Trust me, so am I.

Oh yeah? So... Ummm.. tell us what you're thinking.

Slow, like.

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

F*** it.

I'm off to mass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I've just had the horrible thought that this thread is gonna run until April 1st. :eek:

There will be much knashing of teeth and pulling of hair OP, own up now, save yourself, yore Ma and family. Boards retribution is swift and Bruce Willisian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Best thread in ages , OP if its not open by the weekend setup a livestream for a few hours for the lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Safewatch!, with Kate Humble and Bill Oddie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone know where this lads house is? I have a few sticks of dynamite. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Juice1304 has first dibs on opening the safe. He's due home from school soon. And will be on line after he does his homework. But it take him up to two weeks to get the correct picks.

Are you really bipolar joe? I've had bad experiences with bipolar people!

Is it just me or are the OP's posts looking increasingly like this is a world class pi55-take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone know where this lads house is? I have a few sticks of dynamite. Seriously.

Yeah, I do. But we'll have to wait till him and the missus are gone to work in the morning. I didn't spend a whole 7 minutes looking for this house for nothin', and I'm sure as hell not waiting around for this juice dude.

You bring the dynamite, I'll nab us a few beers.

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the OP's posts looking increasingly like this is a world class pi55-take?

I hate to break it to you, but not all of the respondents were 100% serious either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

dear god. Just open the god dam safe so I can get on with my life.

brokenarms wrote: »
    dear god. Just open the god dam safe so I can get on with my life.

And then what? You get back to your life and I go to the Bahamas.

This thread is 100% genuine. I've said all along I believe the safe to be empty. I've been honest about my other commitments. And I remain dedicated to opening the safe and showing you all the contents. It's just not gonna happen today, or tomorrow, I'm taking tomorrow off. And Saturday maybe, it's mine and the Missus anniversary. So maybe on Sunday? But then the rugby is on Sunday.

I'm off on Tuesday! You all free on Tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

This thread is 100% genuine. I've said all along I believe the safe to be empty. I've been honest about my other commitments. And I remain dedicated to opening the safe and showing you all the contents. It's just not gonna happen today, or tomorrow, I'm taking tomorrow off. And Saturday maybe, it's mine and the Missus anniversary. So maybe on Sunday? But then the rugby is on Sunday.

I'm not free, but I'm cheap. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Road trip to Sonovagans house boardsies?

Anniversary?

What's more romantic than an open safe?

It's red, for a start!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

I won't think we are nearing the opening until Gazza starts posting here about fishing rods, chicken and lager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I hope there's a spring loaded boxing glove inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

you could've got King Nidge to give you a hand if they hadn't blown his skull off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Tell her her present is in the safe, she will have it open in no time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement