Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found a Safe.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Could have been for ammo for his shotgun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Is this still not open??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Orim wrote: »
    Shawshank, not green mile.
    Yeah... thats what I said >_>
    As much as I think it's empty, the gun safe throws me off. I don't know much about them but I imagine that a gun safe is secure enough that the average person would be happy locking valubles in there. So why did this guy need two safes?

Either he had a helluva lot of guns or there was/is something exceptionally important in the safe.

I don't think the gun safe and the shed safe are in any way related.

/taps chin

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

SonOvagun - will you share the proceeds with whoever guesses the contents correctly? That will keep us occupied whilst you think of a way to open it - I guess that there's a jar in it - filled with water, and in the water there's old eyeballs being preserved ..... The eyeballs of the last nosey Parkers that snooped through the old medics belongings.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Abi wrote: »
    I don't think the gun safe and the shed safe are in any way related.

/taps chin

Could it be then that the gun safe belonged to the previous owener and the shed safe belonged to an even previouser owner? And it just hasn't been discovered in many, many years?

This revelation gives us a whole new angle. Put on a pot of coffee Abi, it's going to be a long night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

derfderf wrote: »
    I hope there's a spring loaded boxing glove inside.

Amazing!!! Thanks!

I'm with you on that idea, Orim.

Didn't the OP say he found the safe after he lifted up the floorboards? Maybe, the last owner who passed away from the big C knew nothing about it?

If the above is true, there is definitely something hidden in that there safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

So why did this guy need two safes?
    Either to be sure to be sure, or so that he had one that was small and one that was far away.

Could it be then that the gun safe belonged to the previous owener and the shed safe belonged to an even previouser owner? And it just hasn't been discovered in many, many years?

Land registry will tell you that shure ;)
    This revelation gives us a whole new angle. Put on a pot of coffee Abi, it's going to be a long night.

/pours two vodka and lemonades

/slides one over

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

The gun safe I found in the chicken coop. It's old enough and had feathers in it. It wouldn't meet the standard of today's gun laws. It is locked by two padlocks, and I'd imagine it would be easily opened with a angle grinder.

The floor safe is a totally different kettle of fish. It's very secure! The previous owner was here for 15yrs. I too hope that the safe belonged to the previous previous owner, and that previous owner never knew it was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Lol just thinking my dad has a big ass safe in the hotpress in the kitchen, he keeps the usual house documents ect but he also locks his cans in it at the weekend to stop my sister robbing them if shes havin a session ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

Hey OP, invite Noel Edmonds round to your gaff and ask him to open it. I bet there's 250 grand in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Son0vagun wrote: »
    And then what? You get back to your life and I go to the Bahamas.

This thread is 100% genuine. I've said all along I believe the safe to be empty. I've been honest about my other commitments. And I remain dedicated to opening the safe and showing you all the contents. It's just not gonna happen today, or tomorrow, I'm taking tomorrow off. And Saturday maybe, it's mine and the Missus anniversary. So maybe on Sunday? But then the rugby is on Sunday.

I'm off on Tuesday! You all free on Tuesday?

LEON: "Ya, I'm free Tuesday!"

/pours two vodka and lemonades

/slides one over

:pac:

/tips hat

Why, thank ya very much.
    The gun safe I found in the chicken coop. It's old enough and had feathers in it. It wouldn't meet the standard of today's gun laws. It is locked by two padlocks, and I'd imagine it would be easily opened with a angle grinder.

The floor safe is a totally different kettle of fish. It's very secure! The previous owner was here for 15yrs. I too hope that the safe belonged to the previous previous owner, and that previous owner never knew it was there.

Well, it could be just like that since the previous owner starting to get rid of all of his possessions. As someone said earlier, who locks an empty safe?

This thread is scary. People trying to find out where I live! Trying to trace my IP address! 80,000+ have viewed this, that's the equivalent of me walking out in the stage in Slane, with my safe.

I'm beginning to feel the pressure! It's not the safe I'm worried about, it's this thread!

This thread is scary. People trying to find out where I live! Trying to trace my IP address! 80,000+ have viewed this, that's the equivalent of me walking out in the stage in Slane, with my safe.

I'm beginning to feel the pressure! It's not the safe I'm obsessed with, it's this thread!

Have you been contacted by anyone from the media?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm beginning to feel the pressure! It's not the safe I'm obsessed with, it's this thread!

Enough of the paranoia.

Just open the fcuking safe!

Have you been contacted by anyone from the media?

Nope! Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

you found a second safe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

one best threads ive seen on boards pleassseee were all pulling our hair out waiting put us all out of our misery lol:D:D.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

tim3000 wrote: »
    you found a second safe?

And a time machine;)

Well, it could be just like that since the previous owner starting to get rid of all of his possessions. As someone said earlier, who locks an empty safe?

You wouldn't do it intentionally though. I can't find the pic, but it looked like it was under some kind of a grate thing?

Don't be. You've just generated a lot of interest :)

If anyone put a locked box in front of you and told you that the contents may have some mysterious or old contents etc etc, you'd wonder what might be in it.

But you see, you posted this in AH of all places, it has a lot of traffic. There are that many views because we're all just nosey fúckers :)

Nice gaff by the way :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

I'm beginning to feel the pressure! It's not the safe I'm worried about, it's this thread!

You really should turn the bathroom light off when not in use, it's been on for 40 minutes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Ah don't worry about it OP. Besides, I guarantee you and your safe will put on a better show at Slane than Madonna. That safe is dynamite entertainment. We're all with you, we're not really stalking you.
    ****ing can it lads, he can hear us. Sketch! Wait over in the bushes. Did you put the Love/Hate dvd back in the machine? Good lad. 10pm, he'll be off to bed, and we can get that cocking safe open. And I warn you, when we've finished with the safe, Don't piss in it for jaysus sake!

You wouldn't do it intentionally though. I can't find the pic, but it looked like it was under some kind of a grate thing?

I don't know. It looks similar to a safe we used in an old job I had and that wouldn't lock automatiaclly when you closed it.
    Here's the pic. http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1408/imagecqo.jpg

Don't be. You've just generated a lot of interest :)

If anyone put a locked box in front of you and told you that the contents may have some mysterious or old contents etc etc, you'd wonder what might be in it.

But you see, you posted this in AH of all places, it has a lot of traffic. There are that many views because we're all just nosey fúckers :)

Nice gaff by the way :pac: :pac:

*shhhh* you'll scare him away.

It's okay, we're to help. Come in, put your feet up and let us help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

@Slutmonkey57b

Eh, is pissing on it okay...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    @Slutmonkey57b

As long as you aim away from the key hole...
    Otherwise it'd amount to the same thing... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

OP who would like to play you when you sell the film rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    @Slutmonkey57b

****s sake, man,
    keep it down, he'll hear you. We don't want all that booty getting moved before we can get in there.

*ahem* What you do in the privacy of your own home is up to you, mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement