Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found a Safe.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

This is more exciting than Homeland...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Missed about an hour as was doing boring housework stuff... So much happened!!! Excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Gosub wrote: »
    No they don't. Is it a 9" grinder you have available?

Edit: it'll be 9" or 4.5"
    Basically 9" for big grinder or 4.5 for mini grinder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Basically 9" for big grinder or 4.5 for mini grinder
    Yup... and it'll be a metal cutting disc you'll need, not grinding, not stone and not diamond.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yup... and it'll be a metal cutting disc you'll need, not grinding, not stone and not diamond.

Might need diamond if the one inside is too big to lift in one piece

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if all angle grinders take the same size disk?
    With the small grinders theres two different sized centres and i cant think what they are. But it sure is a PITA when you are stuck. Im in slane and can loan you my grinder if you want. I can meet you somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Wife and kids dispatched to the park. Sunday papers cancelled for today. Hopefully no more interruptions to this thread by the over zelaous.
    This is too engaging to miss.
    Go on OP....we are rootin for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Class. I hope it's something deadly for ye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Go go team Open Safe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Be careful when cutting in to the safe.

As pointed out you don't want to damage the contents, so orientate the safe to a inclined position which ensures the content is not intersected by the plane of the rotating angle grinder disc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Thanks guys

We are currently on route to our secret location. We are carefully taking back roads to avoid check points.

Will update shortly

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Thanks guys

We are currently on route to our secret location. We are carefully taking back roads to avoid check points.

Will update shortly
    You're still in the shed, aren't you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

So after building it up, and hammering away, we're going to grind the last bit and end up with a big red box full of liquid?

Classic boards thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

oh the excitement............!!!!!!!!!!!! feel the same the day I found out if I was having a boy or girl hehe !!!!! :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hurry up OP

We're all going blue here holding our breathe in anticipation ...plus I've to study:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Don't forget to take all necessary health and safety measures. The last thing we need is a mad dash to Adelaide road.

Checkpoints? Class!! This will so make a good movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If your not use to angle grinders be careful and ensure you don't over tighten the blade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

At this stage it doesn't matter what's in the safe, its brought us all together and that's what counts.. Unless its anthrax, then were all fcuked.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Hope it doesnt contain explosives.

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    If your not use to angle grinders be careful and ensure you don't over tighten the blade
    True. I never use the spanner to tighten the disc. Just turn the disc against the lock and its tight enough. Otherwise youll be swinging out of the spanner to open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Can I be the sole dissenting voice and say that I don't want to see the safe destroyed by an angle grinder? A new paint job and she'd look lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Don't forget to take all necessary health and safety measures. The last thing we need is a mad dash to Adelaide road.

Whats on Adelaide Road ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Can I be the sole dissenting voice and say that I don't want to see the safe destroyed by an angle grinder? A new paint job and she'd look lovely.

But think of the sculpture if OP gets her bronzed afterwards - and the memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

You're still in the shed, aren't you. :D

No he's on his way to hair cut boy's house, he'll just have to wait until the boy gets his manicure, before they start grinding. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

This feels like Christmas morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Which part of the safe are you going to go at with the angle grinder? I.e, what is the most accessible area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Hope it's not petrol inside it swishing around!

shedweller wrote: »
    True. I never use the spanner to tighten the disc. Just turn the disc against the lock and its tight enough. Otherwise youll be swinging out of the spanner to open it.
    They are dangerous bastards though! The spinning blade can lift a chunk of skin in a blink, and they can stick and jump if not careful. Gently Bentley.

Take care Son0vagun. We don't want the movie to turn into a horror story. :(

• Advertisement

I dont know the specifics o the safe but the side closest to the keyhole is probably where the lock is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement