Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found a Safe.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

So many different topics in this thread, from DIY to relationships, conspiracy theories to ethics. It really is an ultimate AH thread!

Was out last night so had a lot to catch up on this morning :D

Not to mention the finer points of metal work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

I have a horrible feeling it might be ammo/explosives in there. Be careful OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

3 dead people next to a smoldering safe would make an interesting twist..

It's the product in hair cut boy's hair that we need to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

almighty1 wrote: »
    I have a horrible feeling it might be ammo/explosives in there. Be careful OP.

I'm thinking papers, and perhaps a small gold fob watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

To be fair there is a good likelihood of it being ammo considering the other safe in the chicken coop contained guns originally .... I know the OP didn't find guns but knew that's what the safe had been used for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Sonofagun, i have thin cutting discs. Barely more than 1mm thick. They cut very well without much heat or sparks. They are fragile but i have a stack of them. I'm ready to go now my car is serviced!

shedweller wrote: »
    Sonofagun, i have thin cutting discs. Barely more than 1mm thick. They cut very well without much heat or sparks. They are fragile but i have a stack of them. I'm ready to go now my car is serviced!

Mind the checkpoints!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Ok folk. We are at the top secret location. About to angle grind.

Stay tuned for updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

brokenarms wrote: »
    If it was me.

I would get ten 8mm drill bits in b&q (as its sunday). Get a slow speed electric drill . A center punch. A litter bottle of engine oil to cool the drill .

And as said make a hole the size of your hand.

You will also need a cold chisel and a lump hammer . Not forgetting safety glasses or face shild and gloves.

I do this kind of thing for a living. Not a safe cracker. But a fabrication engineer .

Please don't grind it. What if its ammo ?
    Good advice.
    The only issue would be if the contents are fragile; although the intense kangoing may have already put pay to that!

What about angle grinding to say ~90% of safe wall thickness(the thickness acquired from exploratory pilot hole), and then finish the cutting with a hacksaw? More difficult for sure but an option all the same.

+1 to taking great care with the angle grinder, they are a bastard of a tool that will turn on you quick fast. Don't force the grinder onto the material; let the weight of the grinder itself dictate the cutting rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I hope it's not a fecking Bewitched CD!

Id burn the house down if it is, it could be haunted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I dunno, just thinking about the inevitable film production. I think we need to keep the characters to a minimum to keep costs down. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Thesafemissus

Ok guys! Your making me very nervous, i can confirm safety gear is being worn by all involved. Theres been a discussion about the possibility of ammo but we are not convinced it is so here goes.......

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Ok folk. We are at the top secret location. About to angle grind.

Stay tuned for updates.

We know you just jogged around the shed for an hour :)

^^^^^
    Apt username! Wise words too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

To be fair there is a good likelihood of it being ammo considering the other safe in the chicken coop contained guns originally .... I know the OP didn't find guns but knew that's what the safe had been used for

Warning

Do not post anything about chicken coops, ammo or the mating habits of indonesian rabbits 1938-1943 in this thread again

Why cant you people learn?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 shenanigan

Grind the welds to the base plant and use a big hammer and chisel to break the welds, will only work if its welded from the outside, if it does you can get it welded back on later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Odds on ammo being in the safe just slashed I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

If we could get Thesafemissus to stand well back, so if it does go horribly wrong then the updates could continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

TheBody wrote: »

I was thinking more the end theme from Eastenders - but then I still have the ammo scenario in my head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

its the 3rd secret of Fatima :eek:

or failing that - the yoke from indiana jones , ya know the thing , full of ghosts and vengeance and stuff

hope to god you are getting someone to video this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

F5 button has smoke coming from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Pretzill wrote: »
    I'm thinking papers, and perhaps a small gold fob watch.

Like in "Only fools..."?
    If so I'd say the kango has fecked it and now its useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

why are there sparks and smoke coming from the blast door of my bunker ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭vh4sd

brokenarms wrote: »
    F5 button has smoke coming from it.

Z4a1q5A.gif

Smidge wrote: »

Like in "Only fools..."?
    If so I'd say the kango has fecked it and now its useless!
    I was thinking about that and i think the vibrations would not have done much damage. The safe was solidly mounted for the kangoing job. The safe only moved this morning with a car jack. Slow gentle movement. If it was a sledge then the contents would be mush

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

OH MY GOD! Screw College work, I have to see what happens:O

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Nice fleece. That certainly won't burst into flames if it comes in contact with a shitload of sparks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I was thinking about that and i think the vibrations would not have done much damage. The safe was solidly mounted for the kangoing job. The safe only moved this morning with a car jack. Slow gentle movement. If it was a sledge then the contents would be mush

Reckon its a moot point anyhow considering the last photo the OP put up of the safe with all the rancid red liquid running from it.
    If it was a valuable watch it wasn't kept very *ahem "safe".:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement