Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mini eggs

Options
  • 19-02-2013 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen any good offers on mini eggs anywhere?

I picked up a massive bag for €2 in spar a couple of weeks ago but now all I can find anywhere for €2 are the stingy 100g bags...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Dunnes did have the larger bags reduced from €3.95 to €2 there for a while but I'm not certain if that offer is still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tosser5

the 2 euro shops are always good for these!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

star-pants wrote: »
    Dunnes did have the larger bags reduced from €3.95 to €2 there for a while but I'm not certain if that offer is still on.

Thank you! Had to go to 3 dunnes but found some in the end yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Think Tesco had 2 for €3 on the larger bags, also Dunnes had the small size easter eggs for €2 including the mini egg one for a while.

Have to hunt some down soon before they vanish for another year, my sister is back from Japan just after Easter and both her and her fiancee love em :p

They're yum!

• Advertisement

Bumping this as it's that time of year again! Yipee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Ok so I'm going to impart my market research to the world - I've tried them all and Aldi have by far and away the nicest mini eggs on the market, plus they have them all year round - they're in around the Aldi M&M type yokes in a yellow bag - plus they're 1.69 for the big bag, they're doing a smaller bag at the checkouts for about 0.69

my work here is done!

cjmcork wrote: »
    Ok so I'm going to impart my market research to the world - I've tried them all and Aldi have by far and away the nicest mini eggs on the market, plus they have them all year round - they're in around the Aldi M&M type yokes in a yellow bag - plus they're 1.69 for the big bag, they're doing a smaller bag at the checkouts for about 0.69

my work here is done!

Thank you! You're a legend! The Caburys are just too expensive at full price...if you have a serious habit like me, that is :) delighted to have your recommendation!

ooohhhh, dying to see what you think of them now!!!

ooohhhh, dying to see what you think of them now!!!

Ok, on my second bag now and have to say you hit the nail on the head!!! They are deeeeelicious :) and 1.19 for a 150g bag no comparison with 1.99 for 100g!
    Only down aside is I will now eat twice the amount :/
    I will be doing my duty of spreading the word and paying the good news forward so thanks again for doing so for moi!

• Advertisement

delighted you like them - they have 90g bags at the till at the moment for 0.69 - killer - I bought 2 of them on Friday to have over the weekend, were gone by teatime on Friday...............

oh and Dealz have the 100g cadburys bag at the moment for 1.49 (1.99 in tesco)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Does anyone else find that the Cadbury's mini eggs taste different than they used to?

delighted you like them - they have 90g bags at the till at the moment for 0.69 - killer - I bought 2 of them on Friday to have over the weekend, were gone by teatime on Friday...............

That's even better a deal than 1.19 for 150g, someone missed that at head office!

Does anyone else find that the Cadbury's mini eggs taste different than they used to?

Now you're throwing a cat amongst the pigeons! Time for some more market research I think :)

Any excuse :). I think the chocolate has changed.

Any excuse :). I think the chocolate has changed.

Ok I'm eating some now..they definitely have changed. The chocolate is slightly more sour and less creamy! Having tasted this years offerings from cadburys I think I can safely say the aldi ones are my favourite.

update - Lidl are doing mini-eggs as specials, so they're with their special foods, not with the regular goodies - 90g bag for 79cent, on behalf of the thread, I tried them yesterday - running a v close second to the Aldi ones! would love to see them all year round!

I knew it! Everyone said I was going mad. Shall I email cadbury's to query? :)

I knew it! Everyone said I was going mad. Shall I email cadbury's to query? :)

yes!

• Advertisement
Advertisement