Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Website...need advice

Options
  • 19-02-2013 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im going through plans at present to create a new Jobs Website. Would be interested in speaking with someone who has knowledge of web business' or more specifically job sites. I am not looking for people to build the website at the moment instead looking for advice or brainstorming on the functionality, usp's that can be added etc. If I come across suitable people id be open to paying for their time etc and/or equity share/business partners etc.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Gizmoses

Jobs website, you'd need some kind of niche, some kind of idea that is different to all the rest. Something someone has not thought of yet. I own a few online business's. I'd be interested in this. PM your idea or plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭readytorock

Gizmoses wrote: »
    Jobs website, you'd need some kind of niche, some kind of idea that is different to all the rest. Something someone has not thought of yet. I own a few online business's. I'd be interested in this. PM your idea or plan?
    Hi thanks for your response!
    I dont mean to be difficult but you can understand my reluctance to email you with a concept i have and nothing set up as of yet...no security etc! What online business' do you run?? Maybe you can pm me what you're involved in etc and we'll talk and start from there!?
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

I built a job site for my old company before. Not a huge amount to it really. Sign up agencies that can post jobs. Categorize these by type, locations, salary, all searchable, and allow users to apply to the jobs. I guess if you want it more advanced, users create CVs online and recruiters can contact them. That seems quite common functionality now.

The market of online jobs sites is pretty congested though. Much like car sites and classifieds sites that were discussed here recently, there are a LOT of job sites out there already, and a few very big players that have most of the business. And there is no reason for most people to switch.

I am sure you have a very good plan and something different that you can offer that is completely different from everything currently out there. If not, it's pretty pointless trying to complete with what's out there. Reinventing the wheel etc

If you do build your site, getting the marketing and SEO right would be important. People search for jobs a lot and high google rankings would be important to compete with what's currently out there.

Advertisement