Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remote viewing help please

Options
  • 19-02-2013 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

hi, I recently installed a 4 channel dvr system. works perfect on the home network with all devices,I can see all images. its when I try from a different network I get nowhere. I have added a hostname,port forwarded,everything. but I still get nothing remotely. my setup is I am using a meteor hotspot e5832 which sends wifi to a netgear repeater which connects to dvr via ethernet. anyone any ideas please as im pulling my hair out at this rate. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Turn off your firewall and see if it works then...
    If so then gradually turn it back on to low or medium, different routers dont like certain level of firewalls...
    Also do a port checker to make sure the ports are open as they are not being used on your home network...
    The main reason people cant remote view isd that firewall is too high and ports are not open...Also does the dvr have a static ip or are you using dnynamic dns??

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

thanks for reply digger,I tried with no firewall but it made no difference.I have a static ip address.the three ports that the manual sid to open are al open,88,15961,9000. I just cant unserstand why it wont work remotely

and have you tested that the ports are actually open??

yep, getting all clear from canyouseeme.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

tiny timy wrote: »
    yep, getting all clear from canyouseeme.org

Are you specifying the port number at the end of your internet ip address when trying to connect from remote location

made up ip address below, with port on the end, for example
    89.100.100.100:9000

• Advertisement

Hi Bruthal,

Yeah i tried that and nothing. Media port on dvr is 9000, web port is 88, mobile port is 15961. Tried them all but to no avail. Do you think any other ports should be open?

what did ya open the ports on? I think the problem is the wifi hotspot thing not forwarding onto the netgear... What did ya drop the firewall on? I'm not too familair with them hotspots... Do they have a firewall or ports on them???
    Maybe someone else here can answer that for ya...

what did ya open the ports on? I think the problem is the wifi hotspot thing not forwarding onto the netgear... What did ya drop the firewall on? I'm not too familair with them hotspots... Do they have a firewall or ports on them???

The hotspot has the options to drop the firewall and port forward. The netgear is just a repeater and it doesnt appear to have anything like a firewall or port forward option.

Hi Bruthal,

Yeah i tried that and nothing. Media port on dvr is 9000, web port is 88, mobile port is 15961. Tried them all but to no avail. Do you think any other ports should be open?

You could temporarily open all ports by setting the router in dmz, and see if that works. If it does, you will know its a port problem.

It is possibly either a firewall, a port problem, or port forwarding is not done properly, if you can view inside the network.

Did you port forward each port in both udp and tcp? And obviously to the correct pc is assumed. Computer stuff can drive ye mad at times.

Bruthal wrote: »
    You could temporarily open all ports by setting the router in dmz, and see if that works. If it does, you will know its a port problem.

It is possibly either a firewall, a port problem, or port forwarding is not done properly, if you can view inside the network.

Did you port forward each port in both udp and tcp? And obviously to the correct pc is assumed. Computer stuff can drive ye mad at times.

The DVR is 192.168.0.135, i have all the relevant ports linked to that. Each port is forwarded in both udp and tcp as per booklet guidelines. I tried the dmz function but it made no difference and when i went to check if ports were open i was told "no route to host", what does that mean?

• Advertisement

Yea id be the same myself. I was messing around with having a live webcam in the house a few weeks ago, to view when out. Had it going on website so it worked fine.

Might be the hotspot but i rang my isp and they said there should be no problem with it. I also have a Dovado UMR but it's the same thing with that

how are you trying to access it remotely?
    What app are u using or what ya doing????

trying from a friends house and also the specified app in the booklet "KMEye". The thing about it is, it worked for about a day initally and then it just stopped. Will i PM you my dns to see if it comes up for you?

The DVR is 192.168.0.135, i have all the relevant ports linked to that. Each port is forwarded in both udp and tcp as per booklet guidelines. I tried the dmz function but it made no difference and when i went to check if ports were open i was told "no route to host", what does that mean?

It means no access to the host, in this case the dvr address. If dmz didnt work, its unlikely to be a closed port problem.

It could be settings on the DVR itself maybe.

I know when I setup the webcam as a test, I used yawcam as the streamer software, and embedded its web page output into a page on my own site.

Took a lot of messing around to get it right.

It could possibly be a firewall alright. Have you got the windows firewall switched off as well?

trying from a friends house and also the specified app in the booklet "KMEye". The thing about it is, it worked for about a day initally and then it just stopped. Will i PM you my dns to see if it comes up for you?

Yea try that and I can check as well.

Cant be much wrong if you had it working. Check the network address of the PVR has remained static.

Pm sent, have to head away for 20 mins, but i'll be back asap

any joy Bruthal?

any joy Bruthal?

When I tried the 88 port, it says download netdvrplugin, so it must be trying to connect to it anyway. The dvr plugin wont install though

Thats sounds promising, Are you trying it on Internet Explorer?

• Advertisement

Thats sounds promising, Are you trying it on Internet Explorer?

No im using chrome.

***.***.**.**:88 is exactly what i am putting in address bar, numbers instead of stars of course.

For some reason the netpvr plugin thing wont download and installl properly.

o right, i think IE is the only one it works on

o right, i think IE is the only one it works on

I have a view of a back garden and 2 cars:)

Bruthal, your a legend. fair play to ya!!!!!!!!!!!!! red and grey car at the front and fence and diesel tank at the back?What did you type into the url?

red and grey car at the front and fence and diesel tank at the back?What did you type into the url?

Yes a black tank in the back garden with the wall to the left and another square item between tank and wall, red car left and grey car right, in front garden.

I typed in your 4 number ip so as a made up example

100.100.50.50:88

Exactly as above except with the correct numbers, with : between the last ip address number, and the 88.

It worked in internet explorer which asked me to install the netdvrexe.plugin too, but it worked there.

Maybe the problem is at the friends pc you are using to try it?

AW your a legend, just rang my mate and he said he was using firefox, that explains that. Thanks again for all, could be back onto you again though as i still cannot get it to logon through my android?AAGGGHHHH!!!!! :)

AW your a legend, just rang my mate and he said he was using firefox, that explains that. Thanks again for all, could be back onto you again though as i still cannot get it to logon through my android?AAGGGHHHH!!!!! :)

No bother. It likely is the firefox. When I tested out the web cam for live viewing on my web page, it wouldnt work with internet explorer, but fine with chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

If you install the plug-in on Chrome you'll need to close Chrome and reopen it in order for it to work.

If you install the plug-in on Chrome you'll need to close Chrome and reopen it in order for it to work.

The installer itself wouldnt work. Worked first go in explorer.

• Advertisement

weird,can access viewing on my android through any wifi but not through 3g on my android,any suggestions?

Advertisement