Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Light her up!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

FFS why only 2 days, they should be doing it all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It's rare to see a bike without it's dipped heads on. They're permenantly switched on on my bike. Fogs are pretty much on all the time too, wonder if I'll get stopped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Del2005 wrote: »
    FFS why only 2 days, they should be doing it all the time.

Yeah, I would have thought it's something they should be on top of all the time! And YAY for doing dick-heads with fog lights on all the time!

Yeah, I would have thought it's something they should be on top of all the time! And YAY for doing dick-heads with fog lights on all the time!
    LOL! Mine are focused down, pretty much a few meters on the ground ahead of the bike. They're definitely not blinding. I stick them on to make the bike more visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

I wonder will they stop garda cars with faulty lights?? Plenty of them around.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    LOL! Mine are focused down, pretty much a few meters on the ground ahead of the bike. They're definitely not blinding. I stick them on to make the bike more visible.

Not being biased, but fogs on bikes are different. If it helps numptys see you all the better, than so be it. It's the brain-dead boy racers going round with them on all day, in bright sunshine - that gets on my tits, and airheads who have their rear on all the time blinding everyone behind. :mad: I actually said it to one driver when stopped at traffic lights, I politely knocked on the window and said it to her that her rear fog was on and blinding everyone behind. Her reply: "oh really? I didn't know it was on....how do I turn it off?" Seriously???? :confused:

Not being biased, but fogs on bikes are different. If it helps numptys see you all the better, than so be it. It's the brain-dead boy racers going round with them on all day, in bright sunshine - that gets on my tits, and airheads who have their rear on all the time blinding everyone behind. :mad: I actually said it to one driver when stopped at traffic lights, I politely knocked on the window and said it to her that her rear fog was on and blinding everyone behind. Her reply: "oh really? I didn't know it was on....how do I turn it off?" Seriously???? :confused:
    Yeah, I noticed it said in the link above that fogs are non directional or something like that. Not on most bikes (if they have them), they can generally be pointed where you like.
    Rear fogs are more annoying because chances are you'll be behind someone for a while.
    Parking lights are annoying too. Loads of cars drive with them on thinking they're proper lights.

And agree with leppa, faulty lights is another one. Never mind cars with one headlight, the amount of old shítboxes and when they indicate or brake the back of the car turns into a tacky christmas tree with lights going on and off all over the place

And agree with leppa, faulty lights is another one. Never mind cars with one headlight, the amount of old shítboxes and when they indicate or brake the back of the car turns into a tacky christmas tree with lights going on and off all over the place

Usually older Punto's and Renault's. :rolleyes:

The best are the ones that alternate from side to side so you dont know if they are going left or right . . . Keeps things interesting :eek::eek:

Usually older Punto's and Renault's. :rolleyes:
    LOL, was going to say the exact same thing, old puntos and renaults :D! I was afraid of the renault police from the motors forum might see it, they flame you if you speak the truth about those shítheaps

• Advertisement

LOL, was going to say the exact same thing, old puntos and renaults :D! I was afraid of the renault police from the motors forum might see it, they flame you if you speak the truth about those shítheaps

PMSL! Yeah - God forbid!! :rolleyes: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Are they not auxiliary lights on bikes? Fogs have to be close to the ground to be effective.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Are they not auxiliary lights on bikes? Fogs have to be close to the ground to be effective.

The symbol on the switch is fog lights. But they might be referred to as fog lights in the manual. If I'm ever stopped (which I won't be) I'll tell the garda that they're auxiliary lights :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Dont forget that some of the newer cages have auto lights aswell, so they automatically stick on the front 2 lower lights and the parking lights.

So its not always mongos driving around with fogs on, I have 4 lights on the front lower bumper of my yoke as standard (2 aux and 2 fogs) if its on auto the 2 auxs are on that look like fogs but not as bright. If I turn on fogs the four are on but the outer 2 are brighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

leppla wrote: »
    Note this is not directly aimed at Richard tea:rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.rsa.ie/en/Utility/News/2013/Operation-Light-Up-20th-21st-February-2013/

More applys to cars but still worth knowing about.

Headlight has been trouble free since that foggy day. It was like a scene out of the film ''The Mist'' I did notice this morning that the headlight was pointed to far up so I adjusted it this afternoon.

Headlight has been trouble free since that foggy day. It was like a scene out of the film ''The Mist'' I did notice this morning that the headlight was pointed to far up so I adjusted it this afternoon.

I swear Joe that was one of the funniest things I have witnessed since I started biking....freezing cold fog and you ride from trim to kells with the visor up. You had eyes like 2 pissholes in the snow.....:eek:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I swear Joe that was one of the funniest things I have witnessed since I started biking....freezing cold fog and you ride from trim to kells with the visor up. You had eyes like 2 pissholes in the snow.....:eek:

Cracks me up every time it comes up haha .

Poor lad, and all he said to me was:-

"I cant hack this, just point me in the right direction and I am outta here"

****in classic, need to get out with us Joe just to tell us that story again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

Theyre starting to do something about this, but too little too late. They should fine them all the time. I'm driving from bray to greystones everyday late in afternoon and ill pass at least a few cars with faulty lights.

Don't lnow why they target bikers thou, see many cars with faulty lights and not a single bike.

A broken bulb on a car and you can still drive. Front or back bulb goes on the bike and you're screwed. Remember kids, if you have room, always carry spare bulbs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Poor lad, and all he said to me was:-

"I cant hack this, just point me in the right direction and I am outta here"

****in classic, need to get out with us Joe just to tell us that story again....

Im sure ill have many the story. Take 5am this morning for example. All I could manage was 40 -60 kph up the N4 and 60 - 70 kph on the motorway. Freezing fog and minus temperatures are not to my liking. I was like Jim Carey in dumb & dumber with frozen snot all over me face.

And just to top things off the seals have gone on my forks. Left work today and noticed oil on the forks. So the old yellow beast is back in her rightful place for the foreseeable future ( The shed :( )

Got stopped at a checkpoint today (in the car) bricking it cos the tax is just out of date and there's no NCT. The cop just walked round the car and told me to go ahead. :confused:

Advertisement