Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Laptop

Options
  • 19-02-2013 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi my laptop gave up the ghost yesterday and I need a new pne urgently! Just for the likes of college work and browsing, nothing special! Any bargain tips would be greatly appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

qwerty93 wrote: »
    Hi my laptop gave up the ghost yesterday and I need a new pne urgently! Just for the likes of college work and browsing, nothing special! Any bargain tips would be greatly appreciated:)

I don't know of any deals for you at the moment, but I do know Laptops Direct do some pretty good deals on Used and Refurbished laptops from €100 up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

A lot of retailers are selling off Celeron or AMD chips for upto €500.
    Check out Laptop Direct, Argos, Simply Acer, or Amazon for an i3 or i5 chip.

I just received a beaut from Simply Acer this morning - ordered Monday!
    It was €125 less than a less spec, same brand on Amazon. Seen similiar spec in Dublin shop for €1400, more than double what I paid.

Shop around, check & compare specs - there are great bargains out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

Thanks everyone for the help! After being told my laptop couldn't be fixed in 2 different places I tried Lynch IT at Merchants Arch and I got it fixed no problem! Couldnt reccomend them enough!

Advertisement