Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is it with Mickey Harte?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭tigger123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Chicken liver

Mickety Harte is a good man. Those who think otherwise should have been aborted at 6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

tigger123 wrote: »
    Oh dear.
    :confused::confused:

I think what he says is quite measured and reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Mickety Harte is a good man. Those who think otherwise should have been aborted at 6 weeks.

He speaks at Youth Defence rallies, helps get a reduced sentence for a sex offender, he's against the use of contraception.

Just because he suffered an appalling loss when his daughter was murdered doesn't make him a good man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Henlars67 wrote: »
    He speaks at Youth Defence rallies, helps get a reduced sentence for a sex offender, he's against the use of contraception.

Just because he suffered an appalling loss when his daughter was murdered doesn't make him a good man

So lets get this staight, he is not allowed to speak as his conscience dictates?
    And the loss of his daughter means he should conform to your moral code? :confused:

I don't agree with his stance on contraception, abortion etc but by jaysus he has every right to express his opinion. Which is all it is, 'his opinion' and can be ignored by you, me, judges and everyone else. A sense of proportion required maybe?

Happyman42 wrote: »
    So lets get this staight, he is not allowed to speak as his conscience dictates?
    And the loss of his daughter means he should conform to your moral code? :confused:

I don't agree with his stance on contraception, abortion etc but by jaysus he has every right to express his opinion. Which is all it is, 'his opinion' and can be ignored by you, me, judges and everyone else. A sense of proportion required maybe?

I have absolutely no idea how you took that meaning from my post.

I see you conveniently haven't mentioned what this whole thread is about, that he helped a sex offender get a lighter sentence.

I have absolutely no idea how you took that meaning from my post.

I see you conveniently haven't mentioned what this whole thread is about, that he helped a sex offender get a lighter sentence.

Nor is it about his stance on contraception, abortion or the loss of his daughter and his ability to be a 'good man'. It's turning into a general witchhunt so beloved by internet warrior/ranters.

Your sugggestion that the loss of his daughter should temper his opinions on abortion and contraception and proclude him from giving character references is how I got the 'idea'. What has the loss of his daughter got to do with it?

Nor is it about his stance on contraception, abortion or the loss of his daughter and his ability to be a 'good man'. It's turning into a general witchhunt so beloved by internet warrior/ranters.

Your sugggestion that the loss of his daughter should temper his opinions on abortion and contraception and proclude him from giving character references is how I got the 'idea'. What has the loss of his daughter got to do with it?

In no way have I suggested that, and again I have no idea how you take that meaning from my post.

If somebody helps get a sex offender a reduced sentence then they are not a good person.
    That shouldn't even be up for debate.

Why is his opinion being sought though? Why does he feel the need to give it?

Its because his daughter was murdered, thats why. No-one's asking Pat Kenny, or Trap, or Miriam or Hector or any other GAA manager for their views on abortion, nor do they feel they need to give it. Yet Mickey feels like we, the general public, care about his opinion on it.

I feel very sorry for what happened to him, and I am not on any witch hunt here, but he needs to try to get back to normal living and move on with his life as he did before the murder, and not be in the media all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,265 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

starting to go off topic here...the man is religious, therefor has every right to speak about abortion and youth defence etc...It's up to us "not" to listen

There are billions of religious people in the world, but they don't feel the need to offer their opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,265 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

NIMAN wrote: »
    There are billions of religious people in the world, but they don't feel the need to offer their opinions.
    they can if they want..(i'm not one of them but i do not believe in censorship)

If somebody helps get a sex offender a reduced sentence then they are not a good person.
    That shouldn't even be up for debate.

You, like everyone else, have no idea what Harte asked for. A character reference is not the same as a plea for leniency.
    His daughters loss has nothing to do with the reference or his moral stance, you should be ashamed of yourself for the cheap shooting.

You, like everyone else, have no idea what Harte asked for. A character reference is not the same as a plea for leniency.
    His daughters loss has nothing to do with the reference or his moral stance, you should be ashamed of yourself for the cheap shooting.

you're not even worth arguing with.

Everyone, even you knows what the purpose of a character reference in court is.

The fact that his daughter died tragically is the reason a lot of people won't criticise an obviously despicable man.

you're not even worth arguing with.

Everyone, even you knows what the purpose of a character reference in court is.

The fact that his daughter died tragically is the reason a lot of people won't criticise an obviously despicable man.

...and you can't argue.

You might want to tune into Live Line, your moral opposite (a catholic priest) is justifying his own character asassination techniques. Extremists are the same the world over.
    I'll leave you to your character assassination, have fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Chicken liver

a lot of people won't criticise an obviously despicable man.

Hey henny I think you need to cool it. :(

...and you can't argue.

You might want to tune into Live Line, your moral opposite (a catholic priest) is justifying his own character asassination techniques. Extremists are the same the world over.
    I'll leave you to your character assassination, have fun

You're the one refusing to acknowledge the purpose of a character reference, not me.

You're the one refusing to acknowledge the purpose of a character reference, not me.

I have been quite clear what I think the purpose of a character reference might be. And I refuse to be bullied into thinking otherwise by interent warriors/ranters.
    Don't let me keep you from the hanging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

NIMAN wrote: »

"Society is defined by how it treats the most vulnerable in our community"

Like disabled rape victims, Mickey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Honestly the Man needs to shut up and stick to GAA related news.

Christ he's just embarrassing at this stage.

Advertisement