Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mame Hi Score

• 19-02-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Not 100% sure on this but I think Mame isn't saving hi scores correctly for me.

I have a recompiled version of mame 148 with hi scores enabled. I've created a folder called hi in the mame folder. I've placed the latest hiscore.dat in the root mame folder.

Oddly the hi score files per game are being created in the hi folder but it looks like the default hi score table is being saved every time. So even if I play a game, get on the hi score table and enter my initials, the hi score file saves without my entry.

I launching mame through hyperspin without using hyperlaunch.

Any ideas?

Comments

I'm having the same issue,
    I enabled save state on exit and its doing the job but not ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

urbanledge wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue,
    I enabled save state on exit and its doing the job but not ideal.

How did you do that man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Try it running Mame outside of hyperspin and see if the hi-score is correctly set.

There can be problems with Mame not closing correctly (and saving state) via Hyperspin, I think the hyperlaunch scripts should fix this.

Cant remember but i think I just went into mame UI and it was in the options somewhere,
    Every time you load a game a "save state loaded" message pops up.
    I bet theres a way to turn this off.
    But if you quit half way through a game and go back to it you'll be in the same place.

Try it running Mame outside of hyperspin and see if the hi-score is correctly set.

There can be problems with Mame not closing correctly (and saving state) via Hyperspin, I think the hyperlaunch scripts should fix this.

Yeah, this is my suspicion too. Will try running mame outside of Hyperspin tonight.

Ideally I would like to avoid hyperlaunch as it is tricky beast that I have little time for.

• Advertisement

Yeah, this is my suspicion too. Will try running mame outside of Hyperspin tonight.

Ideally I would like to avoid hyperlaunch as it is tricky beast that I have little time for.

The default hyperlaunch scripts should work straight away with no tinkering required :)

The default hyperlaunch scripts should work straight away with no tinkering required :)

The default script will exit mame correctly and in theory should save hi scores correctly?

Do you have a game off the top of your head that you know to save hi scores properly?

Ya it should do.

I've not bother with the hiscores myself, but did have this problem of Mame not saving the correct state when I was changing the default controls on certain games.

Yeaaah! I love when sh1t fixes itself!

Fired up hyperspin and mame last night fully expecting to do battle with hyperlaunch.

My hi scores for Shinobi miraculously loaded without any intervention.

Probably needs more testing but in theory it should be sorted.

Advertisement