Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHV (417) Have been arrested before.

Options
  • 19-02-2013 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

I'm applying for a whv at the moment, hoping to head over in May. I'm just worried about getting a visa as I've been arrested twice before for being intoxicated in public. I had to go to court once over it but I have no convictions, I just had to pay a fine.

Could this stop me from getting a visa?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Lol..you'll fit in well in Perth, some say it's a requirement..only joking lad, ya should have no worries getting the visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

rightyabe wrote: »
    Lol..you'll fit in well in Perth, some say it's a requirement..only joking lad, ya should have no worries getting the visa.

Ah no I'm not the fighting type. Its Brisbane I'm heading to as well :P Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

If you have no convictions I think you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

If you got a fine from court.... would that not be a conviction ?

ifeelill wrote: »
    If you got a fine from court.... would that not be a conviction ?

No. They said it wasn't a conviction and it shouldn't affect me looking for work.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a convicted fine to me

ifeelill wrote: »
    Sounds like a convicted fine to me

Well the judge said there's no conviction so I'd tend to believe him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

sure get a police clearance cert then you will fairly no;)

Had to get garda vetting for college. It said I had no convictions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Its good to see a man have the courage of no convictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kfc1210

Ul be grand, i had driving with no insurance as a conviction (fine and time off the road), i said it on my application and the only issue was it took about 5 weeks to come through where as my friend done hers at the same time and it took a week. Didnt need anything from Guards they will look into it and i imagine that was the delay.
    I wouldnt even mention it just because you go to court does not mean its a conviction, you probably did what ever you were told like an AA course and went back to court and the judge said, good lad here have a fine and go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

hefferboi wrote: »
    Well the judge said there's no conviction so I'd tend to believe him.

That sounds more like a contribution to the poor box and a strike out under the probation of offenders act 1907. If it was a fine then it would have to be a conviction so recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I was in court years ago for careless driving, i received a small fine, the judge said convicted to me in court but i got no penalty points notification and no one seems to know how it works, i even went back to the court with my licence to get an endorsement (i assumed i needed) and they checked my licence and were as confused as me,

If i cant find out if i have a conviction how can someone in australia? do they check all the working holiday visa applications?

That sounds more like a contribution to the poor box and a strike out under the probation of offenders act 1907. If it was a fine then it would have to be a conviction so recorded.

Oh aye, twas to the poor box. My bad:o

Advertisement