Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can one get frozen fruit in Dublin?

Options
  • 19-02-2013 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to stock up on some big bags of frozen fruit to use for smoothies in the morning. Berries mostly; they're everywhere in the states but I'm finding it difficult to get them here? Any ideas folks? Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MacBoogerBalls

Where have you looked?
    I bought them in LIDL and Superquinn. Pretty sure you get them in any frozen food section in a supermarket, usually around frozen desserts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Iceland, that be the supermarket not the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Lidl and Aldi have them cheap enough and all year round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Tesco and Super Valu usually stock them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Most Tescos would have them alright. I never have much trouble getting them in the one on Prussia St. in Dublin 7.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Saw them in ALDI today for €1.99 for frozen packet, different fruits available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i saw them today in dunnes reduced to €2 a bag for different types

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

So it's widely available.. I must have had a serious spell of bad luck so! I checked the Tesco express and Lidl on Thomas street. I'll head to the Tesco in the Park shopping centre next. Cheers to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

BJC wrote: »
    So it's widely available.. I must have had a serious spell of bad luck so!

Or, if you're like me, they were staring at you from the freezer and you just didn't see them! I find Aldi the best for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 eustie5

you get them in tesco thats where i get them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I've gotten them in Supervalu. I wasn't able to get them in the smaller Supervalu's in town, such as the one on the quays, or on Talbot St. But I had no problem getting them in the larger branches out in the suburbs, that have the space to stock more items in bigger freezers.

Advertisement