Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quiz Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Correct. It's our old thread legend Steve Staunton. Seven games, seven goals, seven Ireland wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I saw a similar question not long ago, who has scored in the most PL games with never losing any of the games he scored in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Kolido wrote: »
    I saw a similar question not long ago, who has scored in the most PL games with never losing any of the games he scored in?

I think that Aaron Lennon had some sort of record like that a year or two ago, not sure if he still holds it, or maybe it's just a Spurs record.

Red Kev wrote: »
    I think that Aaron Lennon had some sort of record like that a year or two ago, not sure if he still holds it, or maybe it's just a Spurs record.

Not the answer I saw unfortunatley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

antonio valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Ian rush had a huge record like this back in the good old days. Practically went the first part of his liverpool career not losing when scoring iirc. Lost a few late on though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Good old Steven Gerrard maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Denis Irwin?

None correct so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Don't know if it's been asked before, but who is the only player to have scored world cup finals goals for two different countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DubCul

Di Stefano?

no

If it is Prosinecki, I think it was asked before.

Right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

vassell?

• Advertisement

vassell?

Yeah thats the one, great answer

If it is Prosinecki, I think it was asked before.

Would 'East Germany' and 'Germany' (the re united one) count as two different teams, I wonder? I guess, the likes of Ulf Kirsten scored for both teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Would 'East Germany' and 'Germany' (the re united one) count as two different teams, I wonder? I guess, the likes of Ulf Kirsten scored for both teams.

I'm pretty sure they are regarded as two separate teams. The reunified team was just a continuation of the West German association so it would make sense that the East are regarded separately.

Lars1916 wrote: »

Yes he has but regarding the question that was asked, he didnt score at the world cup finalsl for both.

Yes he has but regarding the question that was asked, he didnt score at the world cup finalsl for both.

I know, that's not possible, the only time, East Germany was qualified for a major tournament was 1974 ;)

• Advertisement

Name two players who have played in the top 4 English divisions in the same season.

Name two players who have played in the top 4 English divisions in the same season.

Is Tony cottee one, can't think who the other is?

Is Tony cottee one, can't think who the other is?

He's the second one, someone else did it before him, Cottee did it in 2000-01.
    Leicester (Prem)
    Norwich (1st)
    Milwall (2nd)
    Barnet (3rd)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Eric Nixon, Tranmere keeper I think it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Question on BBC website today:

Name seven players to have played in the premiership with 100 caps for USA.

The answer is revealed at 2pm. I can only think of 5:

Cobi Jones (Coventry)
    Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham)
    Kasey Keller (Leicester)
    Landon Donovan (Everton)
    Claudio Reyna (Sunderland)

I thought Brian McBride and Clint Dempsey would be the other two but they are just shy of 100 caps.

Anyone know the other two?

Pudders wrote: »
    Eric Nixon, Tranmere keeper I think it is?

That's him alright. 1986-87.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

DeMarcus Beardsley ex Man City could be another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I was thinking Tim Howard or Brad Friedel but they are just shy of 100 caps too

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭carmanard

Beasley definitely had around 100 caps, possibly just over that so I'd throw him in there. I thought John Harkes had close to 100, but couldn't say for sure... plus he may not have actually still been around when it was the Premiership... Didn't Everton have an American striker back around 2002?? Joe Max Moore or something like that?? Memory may be failing me, or confusing real life with Championship Manager yet again.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

That's him alright. 1986-87.

DeMarcus Beardsley ex Man City could be another.

Yep and Joe Max Moore is the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Yep and Joe Max Moore is the other.

Yeah that's the other two alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

What was the name of the LOI player who played for an English team before he played for his LOI team and after played again for the same english team? In the process he managed to break the club scoring record with that english team yet funnily enough never scored for the LOI team.

As a side note before coming to the LOI team he also played for a few other teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

This seems to have died a death - shame, was a bit of craic.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    This seems to have died a death - shame, was a bit of craic.

Maybe, people were just waiting for someone to throw up decent question ;)

I'll throw out one to see if it'll get the ball rolling again.

Which player won only 1 League title in his career but despite that won 3x European titles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

roanoke wrote: »

Which player one only 1 League title in his career but despite that won 3x European titles?

Mark hughes???

Must be a LIverpool player. Robbie Fowler maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

What was the name of the LOI player who played for an English team before he played for his LOI team and after played again for the same english team? In the process he managed to break the club scoring record with that english team yet funnily enough never scored for the LOI team.

As a side note before coming to the LOI team he also played for a few other teams.

I still wanna know the answer to this one. ^^

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,697 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Depends what you mean by European titles, but Jimmy Rimmer won European Cup Winners medals in 1968 and 1982 and a European Super Cup winners medal in 1982, and one league title medal with Villa in 80/1

^^ The main European titles (CL/CWC/Europa etc) . I'm not counting the one-off curtain raiser games like the SuperCup etc for the purpose of this question.

(the answers offered thusfar are incorrect btw)

• Advertisement

Lost Horizon's question: Geoff Hurst?

Which player won only 1 League title in his career but despite that won 3x European titles?

Is that a league title from any country or just the English league, great question btw

^^ Any country (well not just *any* , hint = one of the bigger Leagues)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I bet it's a Real Madrid guy

Like seedorf

Or an Ajax guy like Davids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

By European titles are we talking only European Cups/Champions League or does it also include The UEFA Cup/Europa League and old Cup Winners Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

^^ The main European titles (CL/CWC/Europa etc) . I'm not counting the one-off curtain raiser games like the SuperCup etc for the purpose of this question.

Arnold Muhren?? Surely he won more than one title with Ajax tho!

Thought it might have been Vialli but he won a title with both Sampdoria and Juve.

Btw the American Caps question, did John Harkes not get over 100 appearances for USA?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,697 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

kfallon wrote: »
    By European titles are we talking only European Cups/Champions League or does it also include The UEFA Cup/Europa League and old Cup Winners Cup?
    Everything except the Super Cup (and I presume Inter-Toto, Anglo Italian etc ...):

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Roanoke: Ronaldo?

None of the guesses are correct so far.

Hint : The player I'm looking for has played with one of the guesses (I won't tell you which one though :D)

Ronnie Wheelan?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Due North

None of the guesses are correct so far.

Hint : The player I'm looking for has played with one of the guesses (I won't tell you which one though :D)

Zidane?

• Advertisement
Advertisement