Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water purity testing in Waterford?

Options
  • 19-02-2013 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Hi all, where can i get my water purity tested from a private company here in Waterford.

Theres a huge campaign on at the moment about FLURIDISATION of our water supply and there is a woman taking the government to court about it at the moment, The Girl Against Fluoride.

There are also many other toxins in our water that is one of the reasons Ireland is the sickest country in europe and has the highest cancer rates in europe cos we are the only ones adding fluoride to our water, its banned in the rest of Europe.

http://www.hotpress.ie/news/Fluoride-should-not-be-added-to-our-drinking-water--Paddy-Casey/9562131.html?new_layout=1

Anyway where can i get my water tested in waterford?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You can try this lot

http://www.acornwater.com/showprod.php?id=48

I doubt a walk in place will charge you any less.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There are also many other toxins in our water that is one of the reasons Ireland is the sickest country in europe and has the highest cancer rates in europe

Got some stats/facts from a reliable proven source for this, that confirm that its toxins in water that are a contributing factor like you've claimed? :)

Your somehow suggesting that our water is causing people to be more sick in Ireland, so nothing to do with our obesity rates, lack of exercise, smoking and extremely unhealthy attitude to drink?
    cos we are the only ones adding fluoride to our water, its banned in the rest of Europe.

Banned right across Europe, you 100% sure about this?

So if for example if I looked at a UK water companys site I'm sure they'd say they are not using it?...because its banned.

http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/household/water-quality/facts/fluoride/

Or maybe another water company?

http://severntrentwater.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/261/session/L3RpbWUvMTM2MTI3NDkwMy9zaWQvVWpVNkZlamw=

Nope, seems its not banned in the rest of Europe like you've claimed. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I hear it was fluoride that caused Masons to defer its launch. That and the witch. /speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Sully wrote: »
    I hear it was fluoride that caused Masons to defer its launch. That and the witch. /speculation

Great contribution there mod :p, way to contribute to health discourse and thread development. ;).

In all seriousness though, despite some over-eager claims by the OP, I know a few people who are quite concerned about the quality of our drinking water and the fact that fluoride is being added. It'd be great if this thread could be left without the unnecessary ridicule that is already taking hold, in order to let interesting and informative discussion take place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Im not an expert so i may have gotten some of the stats wrong, Scientist Declan Waugh has been advising governments around the world and He contacted the HSE he was told its nothing to do with us, he contacted another body and another and he was told by all the relevant bodies that its nothing to do with them.

Go to facebook and look up The Girl Against Fluoride and youll find all the relevant facts, or go and browse through the latest copy of Hotpress to read Dr Declan Waughs 3 page findings.

All countries have people who drink and smoke they are statisitcly going to be sick anyway, yet Irelands cancer and other illness's are way above the european levels.

When people hear and read things like this their first reaction is shock and denial and there response is then ridicule. read up on it first and then see.

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    Got some stats/facts from a reliable proven source for this, that confirm that its toxins in water that are a contributing factor like you've claimed? :)

Your somehow suggesting that our water is causing people to be more sick in Ireland, so nothing to do with our obesity rates, lack of exercise, smoking and extremely unhealthy attitude to drink?

Banned right across Europe, you 100% sure about this?

So if for example if I looked at a UK water companys site I'm sure they'd say they are not using it?...because its banned.

http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/household/water-quality/facts/fluoride/

Or maybe another water company?

http://severntrentwater.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/261/session/L3RpbWUvMTM2MTI3NDkwMy9zaWQvVWpVNkZlamw=

Nope, seems its not banned in the rest of Europe like you've claimed. ;)

I think youll find that this link youve posted talks about NATURALLY OCCURING fluoride! IRELAND ADDS it to their supply!

Okay i found that its 10 percent is added in England, None is added in the north and none in Wales and none in Scotland

Heres a link for the countries who have said no to Fluoridisation

http://www.fluoridefreewater.ie/levels.php

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

This is not a Waterford specific thing really is it? Also, no one makes you drink tap water.

This is not a Waterford specific thing really is it? Also, no one makes you drink tap water.

No but i asked about having water tested in waterford and who does it, theres other nasties in your water besides fluoride.

I dont drink tap water i drink bottled water, but i do make tea and cook with it, So i should buy bottled water from now on if i want to drink tea and cook?

why are people so angry and aggressive when people hightlight issues that might be causing them harm?

Why are they adding this to water in a recession anyway for our TEETH? absolute bull, its costs the government money to add this why not just cut it out. why dont they just trust people to brush their teeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

Rumour has it John Mullane asked for non fluoride water and the Waterford backroom team could not source any, and poor John left the team as a result of this. He now trains alone, up the Comeraghs at Mahon Falls, where he only rehydrates with Pure water boy!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

there is a place out in ferrybank that does it, up by atheneum hotel in one of the industrial units. cant remember the name though. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Install a Fluoride removal filter. Job done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

There are several labs in Wfd nearest is John Goff at the airport business park think he trades as JHG Anylitical then FBA labs in cappaquin and Lancater labs in dungarvan

ronaneire wrote: »
    Install a Fluoride removal filter. Job done!

Is there such a thing as a fluoride removal filter? youd probably want to be getting a reverse osmossis filter that seems to be the way to go, They are a bit €€€€€€€€ though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Is there such a thing as a fluoride removal filter? youd probably want to be getting a reverse osmossis filter that seems to be the way to go, They are a bit €€€€€€€€ though!

There actually is. Reverse Osmosis removing everything from water including all the natural minerals and are also bad for the environment as they waste a lot of water just to produce pure water!!

ronaneire wrote: »
    There actually is. Reverse Osmosis removing everything from water including all the natural minerals and are also bad for the environment as they waste a lot of water just to produce pure water!!

I know your wont listen to me here but Fluoride is also bad for the Environment. one of the reasons it was banned was because its bad for the environement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭jh79

Banned from what exactly?

jh79 wrote: »
    Banned from what exactly?

Its banned from water supply in all european countries bar 10 percent in england, cos of the related medical concerns from fluoridisating countries! Kazaksthan being one of them!

Read this link, shows you what countries banned it and why, theres also other info on it.

Theres also a campaign on facebook The Girl Against Fluoride, shes taking the government to court over it.

http://www.fluoridefreewater.ie/levels.php

Its banned from water supply in all european countries bar 10 percent in england, cos of the related medical concerns from fluoridisating countries! Kazaksthan being one of them!

Table salt contains fluoride in some euro countries and makes up for the lack of it in Euro water supplies.

What happens to the fluoride containing chemicals when they react with water? What are the by-products of this reaction? At what concentration are these chemicals ? And at what concentration are these toxic?

If you can't answer these questions then I don't understand how you could come to the conclusion that it is a health risk.

BTW pure water is dangerous, it will remove minerals and salt form your body and could cause a heart attack, impure water is actually good for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭number66

You might be interested in 2010 waterford water tests.

0.753mg/L is nothing to be worried about so why all the fuss?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Wasn't there a similar push in the states a while back , but if I remember correctly,they were advocating a ban cause some people were insisting that fluoride was being used as a mind control substance!
    If you look at anything we consume deep enough you'll undoubtedly find some adverse side effect that will effect some one.For instance people worrying that fluoride causes cancer should be aware that drinking bottled water is also proven to be a contributor to getting cancer.If you're concerned about environmental effects ,I hope you're fairly sure that the plastic you drink your water from is definitely recycled and you'll ensure that the same bottle will in turn be recycled in a safe fashion.You can't win so choose your poison.

Table salt contains fluoride in some euro countries and makes up for the lack of it in Euro water supplies.

What happens to the fluoride containing chemicals when they react with water? What are the by-products of this reaction? At what concentration are these chemicals ? And at what concentration are these toxic?

If you can't answer these questions then I don't understand how you could come to the conclusion that it is a health risk.

BTW pure water is dangerous, it will remove minerals and salt form your body and could cause a heart attack, impure water is actually good for us.

Table salt is a choice water from a tap is a neccessity!

Why are they adding it??? for out teeth? comon theres a recession on and this costs money to do why not drop it?

Why is it banned in all other european countries then??

Water is bad for us yes, but adding Fluoride to it is making it worse!

Look at all the links i posted and you will get more facts, why are people so angry to react to information like that?
    your a very trusting people the Irish, You trusted that you were eating beef when you were eating horse, even though it stated BEEF on the pack.

You trusted priests with your children and nuns in laudries and banks with money, Dont be so trusting of your government and what they say is good for you. if your angry by what i say just read up on it a bit more!

number66 wrote: »
    You might be interested in 2010 waterford water tests.

They say the water tests are okay why is there brown stuff coming out of my tap every so often? i know this can be due to flow being interrupted from time to time.

the links you posted are from conspiracy theory websites and the like, they are scientifically suspect.

The level of fluoride in Waterford is perfectly safe.

It is banned in other countries for ethical reasons not for health reasons.

btw they teach creation science in some countries too, governments don't always make logical decisions.

They say the water tests are okay why is there brown stuff coming out of my tap every so often? i know this can be due to flow being interrupted from time to time.

Dirt entering cracked pipes? Want to ban dirt too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Maybe the brown stuff feels like taking a break from coming out your mouth and chooses the tap for a holiday;)

Meatwad wrote: »
    Maybe the brown stuff feels like taking a break from coming out your mouth and chooses the tap for a holiday;)

Ha ha very funny, I was waiting for the conspiracy theory slaggin to come along, Im putting a debate forward and where your lacking in arguement you just resort to slagging.

Whys is it banned in all other european countries?

Cos its not safe! this is the the typical irish way of thinking your not pro active your reactive, and when someone comes out with something you dont like you slag them off, very grown up!

Dirt entering cracked pipes? Want to ban dirt too?

YES! its bad for you! some people dont care about what they eat or consume!

You like drinking brown water?

Thats why i want to have the water tested!

At what concentration per litre is it toxic? It is a reasonable question to ask.

• Advertisement

http://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/letters/fluoride-use-should-be-suspended-222571.html

I havent got all those details im afraid if you look at the links i posted youll find out alot of info, theres a few links there and there is a comprehensive scientific analysis in the latest issue of HotPress from Scientist Declan Waugh he published some of his findings there!

This has been picked up by alot of leading papers and you will hear more news about it when there is a court case on the topic!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement