Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water purity testing in Waterford?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭jh79

One dentists opinion wow, think ill give up the campaign now!

More your claim that fluorosis is an indication of other effects has any significance

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

One dentists opinion wow, think ill give up the campaign now!

It's not one dentist. It's the American Dental Association. It has almost 160,000 members.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Ziphius wrote: »
    It's not one dentist. It's the American Dental Association. It has almost 160,000 members.

Well if youll go through all the previous links posted youll see plenty of evidence to state otherwise, not against the american dental association but about Fluoride in the water supply,

So your saying its not a bad thing to have Fluorosis?

So in the event that it does cause Fluorosis there no possibilty of it causing any other problems? seems unlikely that it has the ability to cause fluorosis and stop at that not having any other impact on the body, somehow i dont think this is the case!

Well there is no evidence the fluoride ingestion causes anything more severe than slight tooth discoloration (obviously I am referring here to the concentrations found in water supplies, salt, milk etc.)
    and why is it being added to water on the basis that its good for your teeth when fluoride is added to toothpaste and mouth wash anyway?

A progressive health measure? Many families may be unable to afford adequate dental treatment and adding fluoride is an effective and cheap method of providing them with protection.
    I think anything that can have an affect on your body and change things on or in your body shoud be avoided!

Everything effects your body in some way. How do you think food works?

Well if youll go through all the previous links posted youll see plenty of evidence to state otherwise, not against the american dental association but about Fluoride in the water supply,

So your saying its not a bad thing to have Fluorosis?

I've been following this thread and others that like it on boards.ie. I have yet to see any convincing evidence. Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation surrounding this. Including really very weird conspiracy theories.

Dental fluorosis isn't something I'd wish on anyone but it's better than cavities. Wouldn't you agree?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lads, think its gone on long enough and best for everyone to agree to disagree (yes I know you likely don't agree to that)

Start a new thread in a more relevant forum if you want to debate the issue further

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement