Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical virgin

• 19-02-2013 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all!

Making my debut appearance here in the Technical forum. Never really done any modifications to any of my guns before so looking for advice now. Just a simple request really. Got my hands on a brand new G&G SR-25 a few weeks back and am just wondering if there is anything I should modify inside it to get that extra little bit of range over the standard aeg so as to better fulfill a Sniper/Designated Marksman role. Externally I have her set up beautifully with a 3-9x40 scope, 45 degree angled iron sights and stubby grip for those tighter encounters and an OD spray job to stop that matt black standing out. So now just need to know if anything needs changing internally. And please use small words for my inexperienced mind to keep up. ;)

Cheers! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

new hop up and tight bore barrel are always the first two things people change when they want that bit extra out of their rifles :) Hop ups vary greatly, I personally use a G&G green with a modified H-nub. I'm looking into getting an R-hop. if you're really looking to mess with people's head in a DMR set up I'd suggest that but it takes some patience and time to install, not too sure of the skill level required though. In the past I've used Ultimate and Guarder clear hup ups with pretty decent results. In my current project I'm installing a Madbull blue (R-hop is later on:)).
    AS for the barrel I've ever really used Madbull python barrel, I found them to be a massive improvement over stock barrels and never felt the need to experiment with other brands although JBU and prometeheus are two other note worthy brands, among others obviously

Hope that helps you a bit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Barrel and hop up first. Got it. Any links to suggested products? Just a bit clueless about what's what. And is it a full hop up unit replacement or just the rubber?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

422nd wrote: »
    Afternoon all!

Making my debut appearance here in the Technical forum. Never really done any modifications to any of my guns before so looking for advice now. Just a simple request really. Got my hands on a brand new G&G SR-25 a few weeks back and am just wondering if there is anything I should modify inside it to get that extra little bit of range over the standard aeg so as to better fulfill a Sniper/Designated Marksman role. Externally I have her set up beautifully with a 3-9x40 scope, 45 degree angled iron sights and stubby grip for those tighter encounters and an OD spray job to stop that matt black standing out. So now just need to know if anything needs changing internally. And please use small words for my inexperienced mind to keep up. ;)

Cheers! :D

From my knowledge the g&g gr25 uses an elongated hop up design and elongated gearbox. This means that you will have to order a new hop up from abroad......but g&g hop ups are quite good from my experience and I always use them and also like T4RGET a madbull tbb is a really good choice and again I always use them. Aparts from that the only other upgrades id do at the moment would be adding some ultimate silver core wiring and deans connectors(even though I dont have deans.....cause im lazy!!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

You don't need to order it from abroad, hop up rubbers can be bought in any airsoft retailer throughout the country with loads of brands to choose from.

Since the gr25 is a semi auto only aeg I would recommend a mosfet, high torque motor (if you want), low res wiring and deans to improve your trigger response, pair that with your accuracy upgrades and you'll be running a nice setup.

All relatively cheap and very effective upgrades.

You don't need to order it from abroad, hop up rubbers can be bought in any airsoft retailer throughout the country with loads of brands to choose from.

Since the gr25 is a semi auto only aeg I would recommend a mosfet, high torque motor (if you want), low res wiring and deans to improve your trigger response, pair that with your accuracy upgrades and you'll be running a nice setup.

All relatively cheap and very effective upgrades.

sorry should have made that clearer, I actually ment the hop up unit itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

sorry should have made that clearer, I actually ment the hop up unit itself

Ahhh was wondering that, yera G&G chambers are fairly decent anyways, did not know they were elongated though.

Ahhh was wondering that, yera G&G chambers are fairly decent anyways, did not know they were elongated though.

I think the gr25 hop up unit is a little longer than standard hop units and as well as the geaebox to accommodate the the extra space that a 5.56 mag wouldnt need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

A decent review here that might help you decide what too upgrade.

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-GG-GR25.htm

Already fitted with a tbb:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Thank you very much for all the input lads. Time to go shopping. Haha. No doubt I'll be back if I run into problems installing any of these upgrades.

Advertisement