Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Rock Tri hosting Irish Duathlon Championship 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Bambaata wrote: »
    Dont forget Ian F too ;-) im sure you're looking forward to a few scalps!!

Vaughan will be interesting. Id guess he'll be the one to beat

Ha hard to take a few scalps but ill be doing my damnest alright!

Eamon McAndrew in too so that's last years podium all in again.
    Looks a very competitive race in store IMO.

Agreed on Vaughan, on paper just edges favourite along with Carroll I think.
    Slight unknown compared to Carroll though as don't think Vaughan has done many/any races against him in the last year or two.
    But he won the recent BallBuster Duathlon in UK convincingly the other week so obv in good shape.

Oh god it's gonna hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

It should be a great race, any chance TI might set up a live motorbike camera feed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

It should be a great race, any chance TI might set up a live motorbike camera feed :P

If the weather is in any way favourable on the day I might spin down for a look at the action. 6 guys from my club heading down and it'll be bloody close between all six, so that'll be a good race in itself, and there are two girls heading down as well, both capable of picking up an AG medal, and one of them well in form, cleaning up at all the sportman duathlons so far this year

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Only if you supply the Go Pro Helmet cam :P

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

BTH wrote: »
    If the weather is in any way favourable on the day I might spin down for a look at the action. 6 guys from my club heading down and it'll be bloody close between all six, so that'll be a good race in itself, and there are two girls heading down as well, both capable of picking up an AG medal, and one of them well in form, cleaning up at all the sportman duathlons so far this year

I know the order those 6 boys will finish in and it's not looking good for me :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I know the order those 6 boys will finish in and it's not looking good for me :mad:

Thats not what I hear, after your blistering 40km TT at the weekend. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Its a pitty the guy that has impressed me most so far this year is not entered. The guy that won fingal was absolutely amazing on the bike I think only Bmc and Fraser Cartmell I have seen faster on the bike in a multisportevent in ireland .
    Great to see David V is comming over for the race .
    If colm T is in top shape (killkee shape 2011 woud be enough) i would happyly bet a 5er on this guy.

I saw Joyce Wolfe was running quite well in ballycotton so that would indicate she is back quite strongly.

Pitty that Joe Lynch cant race as this course would suit him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

BTH wrote: »
    Thats not what I hear, after your blistering 40km TT at the weekend. ;)

The wind did the hard work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

It would be great to have more standard distance duathlons, not only early in the year but also in June-July-August. There are lots of sprints...
    Hope 3 rock Tri (and others) will organise a few more in the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TriWazza

Hey Guys,

Quick question for the organizers of this race. I've taken a look at the bike route and all looks good. Just wondering if there are any dead 180 turns on the course. Doesn't look like it but just wanted to check.

Cheers

• Advertisement

TriWazza wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Quick question for the organizers of this race. I've taken a look at the bike route and all looks good. Just wondering if there are any dead 180 turns on the course. Doesn't look like it but just wanted to check.

Cheers

Nice timing! I just finished editing\posting my first ever video!

Its the cycle route in all it's glory!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHMVI0HzxtY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

You're fast on a bike :)

Many thanks for that, that's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TriWazza

Awesome Cheers

We opened the entry for an additional 20 slots only a few remain so if anyone's interested go get an entry before their gone. http://t.co/qm5RgwyGxQ

3 Slots available now if anyone wants them...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 baldykav

<Snip>

baldykav wrote: »
    I have a place available for the duathlon if anyone wants to purchase. standard price.

ATHLETE'S INFO REMOVED

no no no... you can't do that here dude; remove this info and PM me details - I can arrange a refund for you and open the slot on TI - refunds stop on Friday.

1 Slot just became available if anyone wants it

By chance (I wont explain!) we have 2 entry slots free for this Saturday's race if anyone wants them... I'm sure they'll be snapped up pretty quick but just wanted boardsies to know first hand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 baldykav

<no no no>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Best of luck to all doing this this weekend. It will be a great race IMO with only 2/3 min seperating the top 12/13. So many potential winners, a top 10 here this early in the season would be a savage result! BTW B Ludick from our club will be in the mix too....might have been a late entry and I know he has been sick too but he is always there or there abouts. Best to everyone, I hope ye get good weather too :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Any news from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Any news from this?

Results up on "the website that shall not be named"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Results up on "the website that shall not be named"

On the timing co. too --> http://www.totaltiming.ie/results/2013/ashford_duathlon_2013_fullresults.htm

Advertisement