Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Irish Shows 2013, Cork, Belfast, Dublin.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Came on to post this. Excited does not cover it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

tumblr_m1u5p7YPwY1qg6z0o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Cork, god, why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

28th = Payday.

As obvious a sign from above as I'll ever get.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders....

Shaping up to be a busy year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Gonna need to be quick to get tickets for this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

OOOHHHH very excited!!
    Now all I have to do is get off work that friday and saturday... and get someone to buy my tickets next Thursday as i'm working then too... why does work get in the way of everthing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ooooooh citing... anyway of circumventing the dastardly ticketmaster booking fee though? Otherwise, €35 for a band as good as National is a steal!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

nm wrote: »
    Cork, god, why

Idiotic post, God why?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

nm wrote: »
    Cork, god, why

Ah you can hardly begrudge it being in Cork seeing as the vast majority of good gigs are usually in Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ah you can hardly begrudge it being in Cork seeing as the vast majority of good gigs are usually in Dublin!

Ah im just being selfish, the Olympia gig was one of the best so I'd like to have them back there again

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭deeks

Definitely making my way to this. Olympia 2 years ago was one of my favourite gigs ever. Hopefully they'll debut some new material as well - new album due out some time later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Balls. on GLASTO FRIDAY??!!??!! Hopefully they'll play there Saturday or Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Balls. on GLASTO FRIDAY??!!??!! Hopefully they'll play there Saturday or Sunday

They got announced for Bonnaroo in mid-June yesterday so I reckon there's a good chance as it's obvious they'll be on the festival circuit!

I only got tickets this week to see them in Brooklyn June 5th. Meaning that Cork will be my 10th concert of The National! Can't wait.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Brilliant news. Have yet to see them live, looks like June is going to be a busy month.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Very exciting news. Hoping to try and take a trip down to cork and see them. Saw them in the Olympia during all the snow a couple of years back which was an incredible gig. Has anyone been to other gigs in the Marquee? A few posters elsewhere are saying it's a terrible venue sound wise. Would it be like the one they sometimes have in Phoenix park for medium sized gigs? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I wonder if they manage to sell out the Marquee in Cork, will they come back and play the o2 in Dublin later in the year when the summer festival season is over?

They'd struggle to fill it but I reckon they will push for the bigger venues with the new album. Any other venue is Dublin is too small at this stage.

Fair play to Cork though, nice selection of gigs down that direction this summer!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lc180 wrote: »
    I wonder if they manage to sell out the Marquee in Cork, will they come back and play the o2 in Dublin later in the year when the summer festival season is over?

They'd struggle to fill it but I reckon they will push for the bigger venues with the new album. Any other venue is Dublin is too small at this stage.

Fair play to Cork though, nice selection of gigs down that direction this summer!

Didnt they say it was there only Irish appearance for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Didnt they say it was there only Irish appearance for the year?

Nope its the only Irish appearance as part of their June & July tour so still hope for a gig in Dublin later in the year.
    This Harmonic gig is one of a handful of European shows the band are playing in June and July and the band’s only Irish show this summer.

Nope its the only Irish appearance as part of their June & July tour so still hope for a gig in Dublin later in the year.

I completely missed that - misread it as it being their only Irish date of the year!

Wonder if that means they'll play another one..

Not sure about the next biggest venue in Dublin by capacity but what about somewhere like the Grand Canal instead of 02?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Looks like Dirty Projectors for support.

Edit: Looks like it's just up to Bonaroo, so probably not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

With an album confirmed now for May, I'd say they'd fill the o2 later in the year, even after the gig in cork, once some of the singles start doing the rounds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

I'd go to this if it wasnt on in cork.
    Couldnt be listening to those people for the night. would spoil it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'd go to this if it wasnt on in cork.
    Couldnt be listening to those people for the night. would spoil it

What a dickish thing to say. If you do so again in that manner you'll be banned.

This matter is dealt with, there's no need for anyone else to respond to the above post.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What time do tickets go on sale on Thursday? Thanks!

What time do tickets go on sale on Thursday? Thanks!

It's 9 am. Here's the ticket link :

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004A56C7C07226artistid=959669&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Any presale for this no? reckon it'll sell out quick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Hard to gauge. If it was Dublin, it would sell out quick. Fact that it's in Cork would mean it won't sell out as quick. Capacity seems to be 4000 or 5000

Shedite27 wrote: »

No, don't think there's a presale. Not sure how fast it'll sell, guess if you really want to go it's better to be over-cautious and book tickets asap just in case they do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Their first two Olympia dates in 2010 basically sold out right as they went on sale. Think the third one took a few hours/days to sell? You wouldn't know with it being in Cork though.

Advertisement