Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Irish Shows 2013, Cork, Belfast, Dublin.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

frantic190 wrote: »
    Their first two Olympia dates in 2010 basically sold out right as they went on sale. Think the third one took a few hours/days to sell? You wouldn't know with it being in Cork though.

Seems like they may come to Ireland again later in the year so that could have an impact on sales too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

Prob do the phoenix park in november

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I've gone to a lot of gigs in Cork and the noise level from the crowd has been very frustrating.

Beach House at the Opera House last year was incredibly annoying and when I went to Shabazz Palaces in The Pavillion a group of people in the back started singing happy birthday in the middle of the act!!!

I really hope that this doesn't happen for The National.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has had similar experiences.

I've gone to a lot of gigs in Cork and the noise level from the crowd has been very frustrating.

Beach House at the Opera House last year was incredibly annoying and when I went to Shabazz Palaces in The Pavillion a group of people in the back started singing happy birthday in the middle of the act!!!

I really hope that this doesn't happen for The National.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Yeah, had a similar experience when I saw Mick Flannery at the Beamish and Crawford site a few summers ago. People just kept talking and his songs are fairly quiet so it ruined the atmosphere. Really pisses me off when that happens - no idea why people would buy tickets to a gig and then show up and talk through it - if you want to talk wait till after or just leave!

Wouldn't see it as being a Cork thing in particular though as I've been to gigs in Dublin where it's happened too - think it's definitely an Irish thing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Any idea on ticket price?
    I think I'll be heading down and crashing ins hotel for the night my my GF.
    Misses them last time so I'd love to see them now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Do people ever google or just ask on boards? Maybe i should google instead of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

lordgoat wrote: »
    Do people ever google or just ask on boards? Maybe i should google instead of posting.

Is that aimed at me?
    I had a look earlier, ticket master didn't have prices up yet and when I googled prices for the venue they varies hugely.

It'd be no surprise if some one on here knew the promoter and had an idea of price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

CianRyan wrote: »
    Is that aimed at me?
    I had a look earlier, ticket master didn't have prices up yet and when I googled prices for the venue they varies hugely.

It'd be no surprise if some one on here knew the promoter and had an idea of price.

Tickets are €35

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

CianRyan wrote: »
    Is that aimed at me?

Aimed at a few people. Generally those that are too lazy to google the answer and find out for them selves.

Google: the national marquee ticket price

E35

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah, had a similar experience when I saw Mick Flannery at the Beamish and Crawford site a few summers ago. People just kept talking and his songs are fairly quiet so it ruined the atmosphere. Really pisses me off when that happens - no idea why people would buy tickets to a gig and then show up and talk through it - if you want to talk wait till after or just leave!

Wouldn't see it as being a Cork thing in particular though as I've been to gigs in Dublin where it's happened too - think it's definitely an Irish thing though!

I've been to a few in Dublin (Midlake, The National, Yeasayer) and they have been largely fine.

I'd liken it to talking in the cinema, I've paid money to see this and you are ruining it by talking through it :mad:

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Aimed at a few people. Generally those that are too lazy to google the answer and find out for them selves.

Google: the national marquee ticket price

E35

Presume there'll be ticketmaster fees on top of that price though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Eod100 wrote: »
    Presume there'll be ticketmaster fees on top of that price though!

5 euro or so I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Tickets on sale now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

near 40 quid a ticket when you include the booking fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

saucy price alright but I got tickets for myself and some friends (who love the National). It's my only Marquee gig this summer so I'll suck it up.

Just picked up my two there. Will be my only Marquee gig this year also. Hope is a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

I don't get the "high price for tickets bit" - it's €35, for a ticket - this is compared to €33 in Rome or €32 in Croatia - how much would people like to pay?? a fiver?? they're not a local college band.

I'm ignoring the TM charges, as that's just life - no point in complaining about TM!

paddyh117 wrote: »
    I don't get the "high price for tickets bit" - it's €35, for a ticket - this is compared to €33 in Rome or €32 in Croatia - how much would people like to pay?? a fiver?? they're not a local college band.

I'm ignoring the TM charges, as that's just life - no point in complaining about TM!

My whinge is more with the ticketmaster charges. Cant see why they don't just include it in the price as there is no other outlet for the tickets.
    Cant wait for the gig. It's been too long since their last gig here.

Fair point - it's annoying, but a bit like Ryanair charges I've just learned to ignore them! :)

should be great gig - saw them in the Olympia couple of years ago and was fantastic - I'm traveling down from Dublin for it, as i can't risk they won't play here later in the year - although i presume they probably will.......

what's the Marquee like in General? - never been to it before

Final point about prices (I swear!) - Olly Murs and The Wanted are both €44 - i mean FFS!

• Advertisement

paddyh117 wrote: »
    Final point about prices (I swear!) - Olly Murs and The Wanted are both €44 - i mean FFS!

Idiot tax? :P

Idiot tax? :P

That can't be it..........would be €444 if that was the case!

Looks like all standing tickets have sold out..

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Missed the standing tickets, d'oh...

And the seating...

Here's hoping they're back in Dublin later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Completely sold out now

Got back in queue again.. you have to keep trying i think... but i've got royally ****ed over by theVerified by Visa.. fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Standing tickets were gone at 9 on the dot, felt like none were on sale

siblers wrote: »
    Standing tickets were gone at 9 on the dot, felt like none were on sale

........sorry to hear that - but they were defo on sale - i got 2

• Advertisement

So pissed off, didn't get tickets because of verified by visa.. had everything else....

Advertisement