Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Irish Shows 2013, Cork, Belfast, Dublin.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Bloody hell. :|
    I'm going away this weekend so no money for tickets, didn't see them selling out this fast at all.

I guess I'll take what I can find second hand at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

wonder would they do a second Marquee gig? Or failing that, another gig in Ireland in Autumn, Dublin probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sile seilide

keep trying.. not quite sold out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

There are tickets there alright. I checked just a second ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Apparently 3,000 tickets were sold in the first 10 minutes.

• Advertisement

standing tickets still available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Sold out now according to Harmonic's Facebook page.

yep, standing tickets still available, just checked there now.

ticketmaster are some pricks, holding back standing tickets to sell the seated ones first. fcukers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

wonder would they do a second Marquee gig? Or failing that, another gig in Ireland in Autumn, Dublin probably.

I was thinking that but the Coronas are playing on the Saturday.
    They are due in Rome on the Sunday so it's not looking likely they'll try another venue.

I was thinking that but the Coronas are playing on the Saturday.
    They are due in Rome on the Sunday so it's not looking likely they'll try another venue.

kick the Coronas out, I'm sure the 10 strong crowd won't mind ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Got two standing but they kept offering me seating first. Hope there's still some there for the rest of ye trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Got two standing but they kept offering me seating first. Hope there's still some there for the rest of ye trying.
    Managed to get 3 standing, delighted but its prett silly of ticketmastertohold tickets back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ticketmaster are *****.. I wish there was another competitor besides them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Sounds like this gig will definitely make up for the Oxegen debacle almost 2 years ago.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lol at people giving out about the ticket price. This concert at that price is a steal.

This is cheaper than the olympia gigs they played as far as i remember.

The ticketmaster charge is a worked out by how much the cost price of the ticket is. Not saying I agree with it but that's where it comes from.

siblers wrote: »
    Managed to get 3 standing, delighted but its prett silly of ticketmastertohold tickets back

ticketmaster don't hold tickets back. What happens is that once you are in the queue for tickets (on the timer) they register as sold until the timer runs out, then they go back into the queue.
    Ticketmaster are *****.. I wish there was another competitor besides them.

there are a few alternatives to ticketmaster.

www.tickets.ie being the main one.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Lol at people giving out about the ticket price. This concert at that price is a steal.

The ticketmaster charge is a worked out by how much the cost price of the ticket is. Not saying I agree with it but that's where it comes from.

ticketmaster don't hold tickets back. What happens is that once you are in the queue for tickets (on the timer) they register as sold until the timer runs out, then they go back into the queue.

I worked at a ticketmaster agency before and there were loads of times when tickets would be sold out for a good few hours, sometimes days and then more would become availble. May not have happened in this instance but standing tickets for me were unavailble from 9:01am till after 11 so it does feel like they were held back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

I feel physically sick that I forgot this was on sale this morning.

Anyone willing to swap some kidneys for 2 tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Were people able to buy tickets after 11am? Promoter who's on twitter seemed to think they sould out at 11am..

Could be wrong, but thought it was only ticketmaster that were selling these tickets?
    deisedude wrote: »
    I feel physically sick that I forgot this was on sale this morning.

Anyone willing to swap some kidneys for 2 tickets?

Stay clear of ebay then.. There's a guy selling 2 standing tickets for 200 (not even including psoting).. If someone wants to make a profit then fair enough (I don't agree with it personally but whatever) but think the max you should make is double the ticket price.. Hate touts!

You might have some luck on toutless or gumtree or somewhere like that!

Eod100 wrote: »
    Were people able to buy tickets after 11am? Promoter who's on twitter seemed to think they sould out at 11am..
    I got mine at around half 11, I had tried to get standing tickets at 9am but they went immediatley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Ya, tried toutless. Can't access my Adverts.ie account, think i signed up before and didnt verify the account
    Eod100 wrote: »

Could be wrong, but thought it was only ticketmaster that were selling these tickets?

Stay clear of ebay then.. There's a guy selling 2 standing tickets for 200 (not even including psoting).. If someone wants to make a profit then fair enough (I don't agree with it personally but whatever) but think the max you should make is double the ticket price.. Hate touts!

You might have some luck on toutless or gumtree or somewhere like that!

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    I got mine at around half 11, I had tried to get standing tickets at 9am but they went immediatley.

Yeah, heard 3,000 sold out in 10 mins or something like that.

Tbh, I'm surprised it sold out so fast! Guess with it's such a novelty to see a band like them play Cork!

Think ticketmaster could easily clamp down on totus if the wanted to.. They could have a system like Munster have with rugby tikctes where people are able to return tickets if they can't use them and then these are sold on for face value..

Don't think tm have any will to do this, as once a gig is sold out they're happy..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Realistically though, for gigs like The National, how many other companies sell tickets for them? As someone has mentioend, for this one you could only get it on TM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Got mine around half 11, delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Got mine at 11.30 after listening to herself give out mad for an hour cause I was late & missed out...blessed.

What actually happened to/at the National at Oxegen in 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Realistically though, for gigs like The National, how many other companies sell tickets for them? As someone has mentioend, for this one you could only get it on TM
    at the end of the day, that's a choice by the band and promoter.
    if they wanted the tickets sold elsewhere, they could do it.

Beyonce was playing at the same time so there was only a few hundred at it..

Qoute from one of the lads: ''Ireland is definitely one of the countries where we feel the most connected with our audience. Well, with the exception of the year we played Oxygen – that was when we played at the same time as Beyoncé. To be honest, that gig of ours was a bit of a disaster.”

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/theticket/2013/0208/1224329780306.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

on at the same time as Beyonce, on the 2nd outdoor stage:

271005_10150259447137836_680202835_7427560_7489996_n.jpg

the crowd inside the pit wasn't much better.

Matt seemed hammered though from what I remember, so doubt he really cared at the time...

• Advertisement

Jaysus

Advertisement