Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Irish Shows 2013, Cork, Belfast, Dublin.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

on at the same time as Beyonce, on the 2nd outdoor stage:

271005_10150259447137836_680202835_7427560_7489996_n.jpg

the crowd inside the pit wasn't much better.

Matt seemed hammered though from what I remember, so doubt he really cared at the time...

Looking back , they would have been better closing all the stages while Beyonce was on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Eod100 wrote: »
    Beyonce was playing at the same time so there was only a few hundred at it..

Qoute from one of the lads: ''Ireland is definitely one of the countries where we feel the most connected with our audience. Well, with the exception of the year we played Oxygen – that was when we played at the same time as Beyoncé. To be honest, that gig of ours was a bit of a disaster.”

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/theticket/2013/0208/1224329780306.html

The average National fan wouldn't be an Oxegen punter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If that had happened 4 or 5 years ago I doubt there would have been such a poor crowd (imagining The National were as popular then) still seems slightly strange that so many people would opt for Beyonce.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

siblers wrote: »
    If that had happened 4 or 5 years ago I doubt there would have been such a poor crowd (imagining The National were as popular then) still seems slightly strange that so many people would opt for Beyonce.

Sadly not when you look at the target market for Oxegen these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Anyone got any advice of relatively cheap places to stay close to the venue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Tickets sold out everywhere, raging I missed them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

on at the same time as Beyonce, on the 2nd outdoor stage:

271005_10150259447137836_680202835_7427560_7489996_n.jpg

the crowd inside the pit wasn't much better.

Matt seemed hammered though from what I remember, so doubt he really cared at the time...

I was at that gig and really enjoyed it but there was a shocking crowd, obviously because of beyonce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

That crowd in the photo must have had a decent gig experience, as every numpty in the place was at Beyonce.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

seachto7 wrote: »
    That crowd in the photo must have had a decent gig experience, as every numpty in the place was at Beyonce.

Was great when Matt climbed over the barrier and wandered into the crowd during 'Terrible Love' for about 3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Myself and the wife went to oxegen, she wanted to see beyonce and I wanted to see the National. Had to stick with her....having the 2 acts on at the same time was just badly planned by the organisers. Got to see the last 4 songs though after beyonce had finished up and was excellent...Mr.November was brilliant. Ah well, she will have to "suffer" when we head down to cork for the gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

LowOdour wrote: »
    Myself and the wife went to oxegen, she wanted to see beyonce and I wanted to see the National. Had to stick with her....having the 2 acts on at the same time was just badly planned by the organisers. Got to see the last 4 songs though after beyonce had finished up and was excellent...Mr.November was brilliant. Ah well, she will have to "suffer" when we head down to cork for the gig

Suffer and National simply do not go together, will be an epic gig, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭KoukiKeith

Suffer and National simply do not go together, will be an epic gig, can't wait!

They actually go quite well together but in a good sense. Perfect listening when in the mood for a good sulk & don't wish to be cheered up. A companion to wallow with.

Have my two tickets, thankfully. Seating was all I could get a hold of, however. It's been awhile since I was at the Marquee, does anyone know their policy on going from seating area to standing?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

KoukiKeith wrote: »
    Have my two tickets, thankfully. Seating was all I could get a hold of, however. It's been awhile since I was at the Marquee, does anyone know their policy on going from seating area to standing?

Yep, you can't do it.

lordgoat wrote: »

Yep, you can't do it.

Thanks. Ah well ... Seating will do as long as I'm there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Last time I was there (Kanye West, 2009 I think) I had a seating ticket and was able to get in to the standing area. No checks or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2013/04/05/the-national-ireland-november-2013/
    Following on from their upcoming appearance in Cork in June, The National will play Belfast’s Odyssey Arena on November 9 and Dublin’s O2 on November 10. Tickets for both shows go on sale on next Thursday morning at £30 each for Belfast and €39 each for Dublin (plus Ticketmaster fees). The band will release their new album “Trouble Will Find Me” on May 17 and Tom Berninger’s film on his brother Matt’s band, Mistaken for Strangers, will premiere at New York City’s Tribeca Film Festival later this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Will be going to this as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Typical! The one time of the year I get to go away on a nice long holiday The National and Sigur Ros announce they are coming to Dublin!

Talk about bad gig karma! no doubt they'll be great shows. I wonder how quick The National will sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Presale link: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/8lcnub

Still tickets as of a few minutes ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Presale link: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/8lcnub

Still tickets as of a few minutes ago

This is why I love boards. You're a star, cheers for that. Wouldn't have been able to log on Thursday morning, and I never trust anyone else to get tickets for me! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

This is why I love boards. You're a star, cheers for that. Wouldn't have been able to log on Thursday morning, and I never trust anyone else to get tickets for me! :o

You're welcome, glad I could help. Just noticed the note saying max of 4 tickets for the o2 presale, seeing as this is the fanclub presale I hope this doesn't apply to it too, I got 6. Though surely they would just limit the number you could attempt to buy to 4. Fingers crossed my order doesn't get cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Thanks a million Hugo_Whoriskey for the link. Just purchased 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Though surely they would just limit the number you could attempt to buy to 4. Fingers crossed my order doesn't get cancelled

You're correct, if there's a limit to the number of tickets you can buy, the system won't let you purchase any more above that. So your order of 6 is safe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cheers Hugo_Whoriskey. Just got a ticket too.
    if only Sigur Ros were playing the same weekend it'd be an early Christmas as I'll be travelling from Galway so can't come over both weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭deeks

Had forgotten all about the presale. Thanks for the reminder.

Was gutted that I missed out on tickets for The Marquee so delighted now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

**** it anyway, I'm waiting for money to come into my account and for a new card too... please tomorrow, please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Studio session playing some of their new songs. 1st song kicks off around the 1.26 mark - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p017fh37

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Thanks to Hugo_Whoriskey too. Got 2 tickets and cannot wait.

Haven't been to the O2 since it was the point so anyone know if seats in Block F, Row 27 are any good?

Advertisement