Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Irish Shows 2013, Cork, Belfast, Dublin.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

sin0city wrote: »
    Thanks to Hugo_Whoriskey too. Got 2 tickets and cannot wait.

Haven't been to the O2 since it was the point so anyone know if seats in Block F, Row 27 are any good?

You're grand, they're central enough, but there's really no such thing as bad seats in the O2. You'll have a great view. You'll be in the red section below, pretty much in the middle of it (vertically). Your seat numbers will determine where abouts you are horizontally.

14086s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

yeeeeooooowwww

good man Hugo

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dortsderry

good man hugo. got standing tickets for belfast! thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Yay, just got 2 tickets from the Stephen's Green Ticketmaster booth. As an added bonus no extra TM fees either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Yay, just got 2 tickets from the Stephen's Green Ticketmaster booth. As an added bonus no extra TM fees either

Must try this more often, sick of these extra few fee's. How much cheaper was it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Yeah, apparently that's the only Ticketmaster outlet with no fees.
    It's €2 plus in the other outlets and over €5 online.

Seems like a complete rip off to me. If everyone bought their ticket online for a 14,500 sold out gig in the o2 that'd be €72,500 gross on one gig alone. I understand they are providing a service (although now they don't even have to post you your tickets with the recommended ticketfast print your own tickets thing) but over €5 on one ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Was sickened that I missed out on tickets for the Cork gig but just got some there for the O2 so I'm delighted.

Hopefully the upcoming album will be good, it should be a great concert!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ZoeCrotty

A

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

lc180 wrote: »
    Must try this more often, sick of these extra few fee's. How much cheaper was it?

Think it was about a tenner cheaper for the 2 tickets compared to online. Wondered if I'd been under charged at first:) Hadn't realised what Sincity said about there being no fees at the one booth, it just happens to be the handiest one for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Got my tickets this morning so thats a Cork gig, and a Dublin one as backup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Got two Dublin tickets today, delighted!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Now have standing tickets for Dublin and Brooklyn, and seated tickets for Cork. My 9th, 10th and 11th National gigs!

Seriously considering Belfast....am I mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know the stage times for the Marquee?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Seating tickets available again on ticketmaster btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Had to sell my Marquee tickets :( Will pick up some for November instead. Grrr.

Who is the special guest anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bystarlight

Sorry if this has already been asked...but how strict are they in the marquee about letting people with seated tickets into the standing area?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Had to sell my Marquee tickets :( Will pick up some for November instead. Grrr.

Who is the special guest anyone know?

http://www.americanmary.com/tour.php

According to their website, it's Tall Ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Does the Marquee have a cloakroom where you can leave a bag? Hoping to go straight from work but if not will have to run home first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I would highly doubt it. I'd eat my cloak if there was a cloakroom.

Tall Ships are on at 7.30 tonight and the National are on at 8.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Eod100 wrote: »
    Tall Ships are on at 7.30 tonight and the National are on at 8.30.

Some show tonight, they really cut loose. Well done the national

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

That was something else. Amazing experience.

Some show tonight, they really cut loose. Well done the national
    That was something else. Amazing experience.

Some gig! They really clicked with the crowd! Got a bit annoyed by loads of people talking during the quieter songs but other than that it was savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭theglobe

I reckon the marquee is a bit of a ****e venue for a band like The National. Sound system is poor down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

theglobe wrote: »
    I reckon the marquee is a bit of a ****e venue for a band like The National. Sound system is poor down there.

Were you at the gig?

lc180 wrote: »
    Were you at the gig?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

theglobe wrote: »

I thought the sound was fantastic. Started off standing at the back and was in front of the pillars near the front by the end of it and had no issues with sound in either place :confused:

Thought the gig was amazing. My only gripe was the amount of people smoking in there :rolleyes:

I thought the sound was fantastic. Started off standing at the back and was in front of the pillars near the front by the end of it and had no issues with sound in either place :confused:

Thought the gig was amazing. My only gripe was the amount of people smoking in there :rolleyes:

It could just be me so. I'm used to going to stuff in The Pav, Cyprus Avenue etc. Found it difficult to embrace the big venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I thought it was absolutely amazing personally. I was literally in awe of them.

Was delighted to hear them play slow show and what a way to end on Vanderlye crybaby cry. Just amazing.

Also agree on the smoking, I was by the right hand side pillar and they're were a few smoking there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Amazing gig, but I agree a little on the sound. It was good in there, but certain songs work better in more contained venues, Vanderlye for example, even though it was great last night, it has an intimacy that's better caught in smaller venues.

Great gig though. I second the gripe of people talking during quieter songs, grrrr.

Advertisement