Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost Drivers License

Options
  • 19-02-2013 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I lost my drivers license and just went to the Motor Tax Office to get a replacement.

I handed over my €35 and was told that the replacement would be sent out and it would be the old pink paper style license.

I was wondering if this was actually the case? Has anybody been issued with the new card style license after applying for a replacement license?

I have genuinely lost the license, but was surprised to hear that I wouldn't be getting the new style license.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Nope! The council have it wrong. IIRC, all licences issued now will be the CC style ones.

Which council was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Maybe because it wasn't expired? The backlog for the new licences is crazy apparently.

You got THAT right Rasmus!! Took nearly a month for a licence for my husband...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 philmc75

It was Cork.

Would be interested to hear if any of the "lost" licenses have been replaced with the new style.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The legal definition of the paper licence was deleted. They legally cannot issue them now

• Advertisement

philmc75 wrote: »
    It was Cork.

Would be interested to hear if any of the "lost" licenses have been replaced with the new style.

Ah here now!! Those idiots in Model Farm Rd don't know squat. The licence will be a CC card style one as I already told you. You're also looking at a MONTH before you get the licence.

They're the same people who made a pig's ear of processing paperwork for the licences and managed to stretch the lead times to a month or more when other MTO's can turn licences around in two weeks or less.

I'd get on to the Gards and ask what to do until your new licence comes. We were told to get a letter from the MTO and get it stamped along with your receipt. This info came from the Gards in Anglesea St.

Advertisement