Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kompass Account-Forgotten Security Questions answers

Options
  • 19-02-2013 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi All

Hoping that somebody may have got some help on his by now as I know there's a few people in the same situation!!

I have all forms submitted and all I have to do is input my CIC file number into My profile in the Kompass Account

I have made a typo on security question answers and need them to be reset as i cannot remember it. I have contacted many different people and emailed and phoned Canada and Dublin, with no help! Im stressed out big time as I don't know if I will miss out on my visa because of this

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

are you in stage 1 or 2?

the kompass account is used in stage 1 of the process and the mycic account is used in the 2nd stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DonnaBella.DD

I have completed both sages got my acceptance letter paid my fees and submitted all my forms, Las thing I had to do was just Inpu my CIC file number into my profile in the Kompass account

so you are only waiting on the letter of introduction now?
    why do you have to go back into kompass to put in your cic number?, i only ask as am not at that stage yet and never heard about it.

Is there any way of you remembering your original password for kompass, the password needs to contain certain characters such as ! etc, numbers, capital letter, and I think it was to be a certain length.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

when you submit all your documents to the my cic you get a message which has a number which you have to update in your iec as your cic file number.

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    when you submit all your documents to the my cic you get a message which has a number which you have to update in your iec as your cic file number.

thanks ross, wasn't aware of it, i guess another thing to look forward to.

• Advertisement

Hi Gary

I remember my password, I just dont have the security answers, Which is the most frustrating part!!

Hi Gary

I remember my password, I just dont have the security answers, Which is the most frustrating part!!

doesn't it only ask the security questions in the mycic acc not the kompass acc?

Not when you have to enter the CIC file number in my profile in Kompass

Not when you have to enter the CIC file number in my profile in Kompass

ok, so its one of the security questions you misspelled/can't remember in kompass for updating the cic number, does it ask for all three questions when updating cic number?

Yes Thats exactly it. Asks for all three

• Advertisement

Yes Thats exactly it. Asks for all three

can you remember which one you made the mistake in, and what the mistake is likely to be and try use that word.

I have tried everything Gary, been doing it for about 6 days now. I need to get it reset but I cannot get in touch with anyone who can help

I have tried everything Gary, been doing it for about 6 days now. I need to get it reset but I cannot get in touch with anyone who can help

ok, is it a one word answer, any capitals in it, numbers etc?

I broke up my password as the 3 answers firstly because I knew i would never forget that secondly cos I was stressed out on the day doing it and didnt think it would be used I just thought I would of needed them if I forgot my passowrd which is normally what happens!!!

I broke up my password as the 3 answers firstly because I knew i would never forget that secondly cos I was stressed out on the day doing it and didnt think it would be used I just thought I would of needed them if I forgot my passowrd which is normally what happens!!!

could you explain what you meant by broke up password as the 3 answers?

my password has 3 things numbers letters and a symbol
    so i answered each question with each part of my password, but its not working, iv tried everyway so i think i have made a mistake, I cannot remember it and honestly dont think i will!
    I know its so stupid but I didnt realise that they would ask them along with the password it seems so needless

my password has 3 things numbers letters and a symbol
    so i answered each question with each part of my password, but its not working, iv tried everyway so i think i have made a mistake, I cannot remember it and honestly dont think i will!
    I know its so stupid but I didnt realise that they would ask them along with the password it seems so needless

that is a pickle, the best thing to do until you get word from the iec, is possibly write down a piece of paper the ones who have tried and dont work and then try other variations, eventually you will rule out the ones that don't work and it may come back to you that way.

Thanks Iv tried this, Il try i again and hope for the best!

Thanks Iv tried this, Il try i again and hope for the best!

keeping trying you'll get there, hopefully iec will get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭username2013

Hey DonnaBella

I did exactly the same thing. And I emailed IEC and wasnt getting any replies to was really beginning to panic. Luckily I managed to get my answers. Here is how I did it. (hopefully you have not cleared your history on the web browser since you created the Kompass account)

- Go to the IEC Kompass account login page
    - Click on the register link and you will be brought to the Register page where you originally entered your security questions
    - Double click on the answer fields and if you have not cleared your cookies the answers that you originally put should still be there!

Worked for me using Chrome browser, FF should be the same, not too sure about IE though....

• Advertisement

I would give that a shot, it could work.

I have cleared all my history unfortunatly this was the first thing i tried thanks though!

I have cleared all my history unfortunatly this was the first thing i tried thanks though!

Aw pity. Good thinking on your behalf to think of that straightaway, took me over a day to figure it out!

Yea If i had of just been clever enough to do it properly in the first place though!!!
    Its just so strange that I cant get an answer from anyone Iv rang IEC in Canada and Dublin and London High Commision but theres no answer!

surely theyre has to be something Iv paid for and submitted everything and been conditionaly accepted, I would love to get a contact number for the kompass it centre if there was one!

Yea If i had of just been clever enough to do it properly in the first place though!!!
    Its just so strange that I cant get an answer from anyone Iv rang IEC in Canada and Dublin and London High Commision but theres no answer!

surely theyre has to be something Iv paid for and submitted everything and been conditionaly accepted, I would love to get a contact number for the kompass it centre if there was one!

Yeah, they are a nightmare to deal with, seem to be very slow to reply to emails. Really hope it works out for you, I know the stress that this issue causes!!! Just as a matter of interest what does the double D in your username refer to? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joysis

DonnaBella - how did it end up? Have same problem :( anyone knows how to get security answers back? Nothing from above works :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Endui

I have got similar problem. Then i tried to change this security questions in "update security question" i picked new question and answers and then gave the same wrong (i think so) verification answers and clicked "submit" then i recived infromation that i had changed this question. Try it. Sorry for my english it is not my native language.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mkukina

Hello,

unfortunately I've got the same problem with the security questions.
    Did anyone get a response from IEC on how to solve the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

mkukina wrote: »
    Hello,

unfortunately I've got the same problem with the security questions.
    Did anyone get a response from IEC on how to solve the problem?

Guys I think sometimes its their website . It was saying to me question 1 was incorrect when in fact it was question 3 ! Thankfully I figured it after stressing alot !

Anyone stuck I think IEC will help , but ye may have to wait until the re less busy . Prob a month or so .Very frustrating good luck to everyone in the same position .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 kittyb89

Hi I have the same problem too did anyone get sorted yet?

Advertisement