Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streaming from a Network Drive

• 19-02-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for a bit of help.

I have a Belkin N600 router with a western digital elements 1.5 TB hard drive plugged into it. Supports UPNP.
    I can access it from my laptop and stream from it no problem to the laptop/

I have a ipad and for some reason some apps wont recognize the any of the movies or music or photos on the drive.
    I tried today a usb stick with a movie (copied from the network drive) same format etc and it played from the usb stick.

used the Air Video app for the above

Would anybody know the reason for this? im a bit lost.

I have used file browser and can copy the URL of the file from it to another player and watch it this way. but would like to see and watch the movies all in one app

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I use Airplayer and stream form my Iomega NAS to my iPad without issue.

Check if your folders are set to visible within your network drive application. They'll always be visible from your computer but might not be for additional devices.

For example. I have just 2 folders made visible to all other devices apart from my pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭robclay26

Hi Banjo,

thanks for the fast reply!

Stupid question but with your app Airplayer, how do you set the folders to Visible?

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I don't set the folders in air player. I set it on the application on my pc that allows configuration of the Network Drive.
    There must be some application that you have for your western digital drive.

This of course may not be your problem but its worth a try.

Alternatively, go to settings in Airplayer and set the plugin to default.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭robclay26

BanjoB wrote: »
    I don't set the folders in air player. I set it on the application on my pc that allows configuration of the Network Drive.
    There must be some application that you have for your western digital drive.

This of course may not be your problem but its worth a try.

Alternatively, go to settings in Airplayer and set the plugin to default.

Thanking you. Will try.

I could never stream over wifi to my Samsung smart tv, yet if input the same USB key in the router I can stream over wifi from the USB.
    Must be something with western digital hard drives then

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Silly question but you do have the air video helper installed and running on ur computer don't you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Disturbia

Hi. I really am stressing over my mocks that start tommorow. Can anyone give me hints from all mock papers produced?? I do:
    English HL
    Irish HL
    History HL
    Biology HL
    Ag Science HL
    Link modules??
    I will supply my email tyu for convenience!! Thanks everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 elise123

what i have learned from sitting mock papers is that you need to have studied the subject to do well-- so that's tip number 1-- i know i'm sure right now you find that one hilarious

and so tip number 2 is a bit more useful.... the mocks mean absolutely nothing and the best they can do is give you a good kick up the arse to study for the real thing, ie the leaving cert

so thats tip number 2--- study for leaving and and learn from mocks in terms of how papers are structured-- by all means put your best in- its good practise for real thing

tip no.3-- you have loads of time until leaving cert from now to do really well. when you go uni you'll realise that you cover entire leaving cert in a term, with much less stress, thats partly b/c uni is more about yuor basic understanding and ability to reason, critically reflect ect instead of ability to rote memorise every fact and name you were ever told . that being said YES you have enough time to really well in the leaving cert.

use this mock time to get a head start on your real leaving cert study and get some good exam practise

good luck !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

elise123 wrote: »
    what i have learned from sitting mock papers is that you need to have studied the subject to do well-- so that's tip number 1-- i know i'm sure right now you find that one hilarious

and so tip number 2 is a bit more useful.... the mocks mean absolutely nothing and the best they can do is give you a good kick up the arse to study for the real thing, ie the leaving cert

so thats tip number 2--- study for leaving and and learn from mocks in terms of how papers are structured-- by all means put your best in- its good practise for real thing

tip no.3-- you have loads of time until leaving cert from now to do really well. when you go uni you'll realise that you cover entire leaving cert in a term, with much less stress, thats partly b/c uni is more about yuor basic understanding and ability to reason, critically reflect ect instead of ability to rote memorise every fact and name you were ever told . that being said YES you have enough time to really well in the leaving cert.

use this mock time to get a head start on your real leaving cert study and get some good exam practise

good luck !
    Disturbia wrote: »
    Hi. I really am stressing over my mocks that start tommorow. Can anyone give me hints from all mock papers produced?? I do:
    English HL
    Irish HL
    History HL
    Biology HL
    Ag Science HL
    Link modules??

Eh, you're in Tech > Consumer Electronics >Apple Devices ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Disturbia wrote: »
    English HL
    Irish HL
    History HL
    Biology HL
    Ag Science HL
    Link modules??

Wrong forum, young man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

I had a similar issue but what I did then was update to the latest software on my PC.

Worked perfectly again after that! Sorry I know it sounds very basic but it had me stumped for a while!

• Advertisement
Advertisement