Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank transfer

Options
  • 19-02-2013 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

i needed to transfer 1000 pounds to a bank account in the uk (bought a car off a guy)
    the bank refused to transfer the money saying that i the min amount you could transfer is 3000. ?
    what can i do now i need to pay the guy i bought the car off.
    i was given a sterling draft but i dont think that would reach him by friday.
    what can i do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi moonlighting,

Thanks for posting.

As the branch pointed out, the minimum amount for this type of in-branch transfer is €3,000

If you have already paid for your sterling draft, one option might be to use express post to send the draft as quickly as possible.

One thing to remember is that the recipient would need to lodge the draft to a bank account and this would have to go through the international clearing system which can take 4 weeks and sometimes more.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement