Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belgian GP 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

WORRZELL wrote: »
    flight lands at 9:30 so I made an arse of me times. I thought we could get there by 11 but after looking at the train times and bus we would get there 2-3 which is no use. If i get a taxi i can be there in 90 mins which isnt that bad but 160 lids!!!!!

I think a taxi looks like the only option. You didn't say what kind of ticket you have, if its general admission you may not get a good place even if you get there at 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭WORRZELL

ye it is general admission, and I have to pick it up when i get there. Its my first GP so i think once I hear them and see them will be enough and I can get there ealier on race day. Really **** that my only option is Taxi but nothing I can do were going over for my aul mans 60th!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

You need to be at the track by 8 am latest on Race day to get a decent spot. It'll all be worth it, enjoy!

really 8am but how to people make it there from brussels for that time?

really 8am but how to people make it there from brussels for that time?

8am Latest, presumably people coming from Brussels and the like leave 5am or so?

I went to Silverstone some years ago, we stayed not to far away, left our accommodation at 6:30 am got there around 7ish, carparks already filling up, track busy and the best spots were already bagged. I can only imagine that Spa will be much the same.

• Advertisement

ok thanks for that, I'm only staying in Spa so 8km away so I should get there early enough. jaysus i'll be hammered by 10am

ok thanks for that, I'm only staying in Spa so 8km away so I should get there early enough. jaysus i'll be hammered by 10am

I had my first pint at 8:30 that morning out of sheer boredom waiting for the race to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

You need to be at the track by 8 am latest on Race day to get a decent spot. It'll all be worth it, enjoy!

What time do you think I'd need to be there for on Sat?

Ficus wrote: »
    Taxi wont take you to the track and if you could find one mad enough to, its gonna cost a lot more than 160 as traffic from the motorway to the circuit will be at least and hour wait.
    Hire car is the best and easiest and cheapest way.

Good sugestion, you could hire a car for 3 days for €160, probably less.
    christy c wrote: »
    What time do you think I'd need to be there for on Sat?

Couldn't say really, we got there late morning on the saturday and it was a lot less busy but Qually was less popular then.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

right lads looks like i've made an error, I get in on saturday morning and I thuoght we'd make it to the track for qualifying. but it looks like its going to take me 4hours all in to get there with trains and bus. what time does qualifying fininsh as I'm looking at getting a taxi direct now from the airport on saturday morning which is going to cost 160(ouch) but will get there in 90 mins. Any thoughts or ideas on this? HELPPPP or if you know anybody who's looking to share the taxi and costs.

Hey, would you mind giving me a point in the right direction as to how you found the bus or train timetables, I'm in Thursday morning round 11 and would like to be there for the pit walk starting at four.

• Advertisement

AGH means i have to deal with driving parking and then not drinking, not really a holiday, I know its a big hit but its a set price and I really dont want to have to deal with a rental, going to be enjoying the local beers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

Thanks, one last thing, would it be better to buy the tickets online or to wait and buy them in the train/bus stations, do you think? Tickets are valid for the day by the looks of things so that makes it easier

in your situation I'd wait until you get there and ask them as they may have another route or a 10 pass ticket or something which may be better value for you.

AGH means i have to deal with driving parking and then not drinking, not really a holiday, I know its a big hit but its a set price and I really dont want to have to deal with a rental, going to be enjoying the local beers :)

We didn't do that much drinking at the track at all and because of the early starts we weren't out on mad ones either. You'd only use the Car to get to and from the track so plenty of opportunity to sample the beer in Spa in the evenings ;)

EDIT: when in Belgium drink Jupiler and only Jupiler, fantastic beer. All that trappist stuff tastes of flowers and will blow the head off you.

We didn't do that much drinking at the track at all and because of the early starts we weren't out on mad ones either. You'd only use the Car to get to and from the track so plenty of opportunity to sample the beer in Spa in the evenings ;)

EDIT: when in Belgium drink Jupiler and only Jupiler, fantastic beer. All that trappist stuff tastes of flowers and will blow the head off you.

So drink jupiler abs drive ur ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 battushig

Hey WORRZELL, i am heading to spa this saturday and hiring a car to get to track from airport. I can give you a lift. If you want to join me send me PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭promises

Could anyone please tell me if there is buses from spa into track...there was none for yesterday or today. Surely extra buses are put on sat and Sun. The bus to verviers was insane today. Last bus left at 6.50 and there was about 80 ppl squeezed onto it and still not everyone got on. Just starting to worry for the busier days so looking for other options. We are staying in aachen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

On Sky F1 at the moment (on till 12) a film of the 1955 Belgian GP. Fascinating to watch. They're racing on the 9 mile circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Anyone here subscribed to the 5live podcast? Seriously cringe worthy questions and links from the presenter on the Belgian GP preview.

• Advertisement
Advertisement