Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity - problem setting up account

Options
  • 19-02-2013 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

At my wits end so I'm posting here in the hope that someone can help:

I'm moving into a new house. The electricity supplier is Airtricity. My current account is with Electric Ireland. I have the day and night meter readings for the new place so I phoned Airtricity in the hope that I could set up a new account. But I can't get through to anyone because I am required to type in either an account number, or an MPRN number. I have neither of these. There is absolutely no indication on the Airtricity website how you can even set up a new account, and I've tried every option on the phone but no way can I get through to anyone.

Does anyone know how it's possible to set up an account with Airtricity? Or am I better off phoning Electric Ireland and getting them to continue my account from the new address?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Your MPRN Number is on the top right of your Electricity Bill afaik. I don't think it changes regardless of which supplier you use.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭thesiren

ZENER wrote: »
    Your MPRN Number is on the top right of your Electricity Bill afaik. I don't think it changes regardless of which supplier you use.

Ken

I don't have an electricity bill for the new place - are MPRN numbers specific to the property or to the customer (ie, can I use the one I currently have with Electric Ireland from my old flat that I am moving out of)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I think you retain your MPRN if you move property. Type it in anyway, at least you'll get to talk with someone made of flesh and bones* on the phone.

Ken

* may not include brain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

ZENER wrote: »
    I think you retain your MPRN if you move property. Type it in anyway, at least you'll get to talk with someone made of flesh and bones* on the phone.

Ken

* may not include brain :)

Don't do this.

MPRN is Meter Point Reference Number.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

MPRN is taken from the meter itself - find your meter, and you should be able to get the MPRN from it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

As Dundara says, the mprn is meter point registration number and refers to the property'.

Just as an aside - you do not have to sign with airtricity just because the previous occupants were with them. You can choose any supplier you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Yes, the MPRN number is on the meter but do yourself a favour, if you have the opportunity, sign up with someone else. I've just cancelled two accounts with them after months of petty arguments. Even simple queries is like banging your head off a brick wall. Never again, I don't care how cheap they are. Just my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Thw MPRN isn't on the meter. You must call ESB Networks to get it.

Advertisement