Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Name that arcade game

• 19-02-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭

I remember playing an arcade game in Quirkeys years ago that was fantasy based and was a bash em up from a top down/isometric perspective
    the USP of the game was that when you stopped playing it gave you a code so you could continue from where you left off

I used to write the code down and carried it around for ages for whenever I popped in there

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Gauntlet Legends or Gauntlet Dark Legacy?
    142929_full.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

thanks Dr.Bob thats the one alright, didn't realise it was on console as well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I spotted a Gauntlets legends cab go up on adverts yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

good mame cab,
    i think his price is way off the mark tho!
    Seller a member here?Seens to have a few other cabs/pins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Would you not sticky one of these threads, lads? There always seems to be folks coming in looking for the name of games that they can't remember. I do it myself often enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

I liked Gauntlet Legends, although its one great flaw was the awful joystick that it was equiped with. To move it from left to right, it would cover nearly twice the distance as a "standard joystick" (a term I use loosly). As far as I know it was a 49-way analogue joystick (yes 49, not a typo) and there were only two games that used those kind.

/me Runs off to find out.

No, there were more than two games and it was an optical stick. After looking at how the stick works, I can see why there was so much movement in it.
    Taken from BYOACWiki :
    Games that originally used 49-way joysticks include:
    • SiniStar
    • Blaster
    • Arch Rivals
    • Pigskin 621 A.D.
    • Blitz
    • Blitz '99
    • Blitz 2000
    • NFL Blitz 2000 Gold Edition
    • NBA Showtime
    • SportStation
    • Gauntlet: Legends
    • Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

It has 49 positions, including neutral for some odd reason, that can cover 32 directions.

49way.jpg

Advertisement