Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience Needed!

Options
  • 19-02-2013 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hey, so im doing interior design and I need to find work experience from the 11th to the 28th of March, im finding it pretty hard to find went to a few Architects offices and even charity shops and have got no where. Does any one know any Architects or Designers that could help me out. Obviously im not looking for payment its just for experience. Any help would be great, Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No-one is going to let you loose on an actual design, so anything related will be useful. Have you tried going round places that sell/make curtains, upholstery, furniture, paint and wallpaper, fitted kitchens, bathrooms? Any of these would have some link to interior design. I don't mean the likes of Woodies, more shops/businesses that deal specifically in these areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Petey89

looksee wrote: »
    No-one is going to let you loose on an actual design, so anything related will be useful. Have you tried going round places that sell/make curtains, upholstery, furniture, paint and wallpaper, fitted kitchens, bathrooms? Any of these would have some link to interior design. I don't mean the likes of Woodies, more shops/businesses that deal specifically in these areas.
    well obviously im not going to go in an design a house or anything, id just like to tag along with them an see what they do. yeah me and my class have tried those kind of shops and nothing they just dont have the work. worst thing if we dont find work experience we fail the course, its a load of crap really.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 marianneh79

I did interior design a few years back and had same problem finding work experience. So I improvised and went to a letting agents. I got work experience from them in the office but also I offered a free pre let service. Just getting houses ready for rental. If landlords wanted any help with soft furnishings etc. the place I did it has since closed but I would deffo try other letting agents in town..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

My hall, stairs and landing could do with a lick of paint..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Try falconer s ... They let me try out some actual plans in secondary work experience ... So I'm sure since you know what you're doing you'd be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Petey89

Try falconer s ... They let me try out some actual plans in secondary work experience ... So I'm sure since you know what you're doing you'd be fine :)
    Thanks just contacted them there so will see if they have anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Petey89 wrote: »
    Thanks just contacted them there so will see if they have anything :)

Good luck !

Advertisement