Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel 4.0 macros in Excel 2010

Options
  • 19-02-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a user that gets an excel 03 file from a client.
    File opens up fine in 2003 and 2007 but in 2010 they get the folloing error
    "Excel found unreadable contednt in">>>". Do you wnat to recover the contednts of the workbook?

It will open up the file but all formarting is stripped out.

File is fine because if i open it up in 2007 and save it down as .xlsm opens on problem in 2010.
    When i try to save it down in .xlsx format i get
    The following features connot be saved in macrfo-free workbook
      Excel 4.0 function stored in defined names

I have follow the setps on the below page but the file will still not open correctly.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-ie/excel-help/working-with-excel-4-0-macros-HA010336614.aspx

I have told my user that the client might need to change his macro or start to use excel 2007 but he is reluctent to go back to them.

Not a problem with the install of excel as i have installed it 3 times and on 4 different PC

Does anyone know how to fix this on our side?

Advertisement