Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Police Clearance from Ireland

Options
  • 19-02-2013 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, Hope some one can help me on this one, I was living in canada for a year last year and am applying for my second year. There asking me for the police clearance cert from Canada. There posting the form to ireland to me. and when i have it filled out i have to post it back and it can take 18 weeks to process. they dont seem to do it electronically from outside canada. and mycic application has giving me till the 17th of march to sort it out.
    If i fly to canada for a week i can have it done there in 3 days.
    any one any Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaff

I'm in exactly the same situation. I was there for a year on the iec and despite the fact that it states in the IEC FAQs that in this case you wont need one I've been asked to provide a Police Cert from Canada....

The b***h of it is that the Canadian Police cert requires a full set of fingerprints to be sent in. If you can do this electronically (impossible from outside Canada) it takes 3 days BUT if you do it by sending in your prints that you got from a Garda or whoever it'll take up to 16 weeks. A bit of a problem if Mycic only give you a month...

Anyone gotten any answers on this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Galwayciano

the only thing i can think of is fly over there for a weeks holiday and try sort it out from there

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaff

Yeah it sounds crazy but that's what i'm planning to do at the moment too. Canadian affair airlines have a deal on at the moment , return flight London to Toronto for 358pounds sterling.

Can't believe I'm going to fly there and back just to get a police clearance!!

Advertisement