Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go Gym

Options
  • 19-02-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭

At Charlesland - any truth in the rumour?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

There is a faccebook page saying coming soon...

and an email and mobile:

087 645 9151Emailinfo@gogym.ie

https://www.facebook.com/go.gym.393

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Couldn't we have a McDonald's?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

astrofluff wrote: »
    At Charlesland - any truth in the rumour?

Is it some guy from that Tallafornia TV show going to open up at Jackie Skelly's place or so rumour has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Eponymous wrote: »
    Couldn't we have a McDonald's?

How about a Mcdonalds beside Go Gym... now that would be interesting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Is it some guy from that Tallafornia TV show going to open up at Jackie Skelly's place or so rumour has it.

yes two guys from the show are opening it.... hopefully they provide some competition to the area...

I expect to see a lot more six packs and spray tans around greystones! (while i lug around my beer belly :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Great news for greystones. It's amazing to see all the investment coming to the town. What with the new aldi, new marina, new mc Donald's and now the old gym building we thought would end up falling down.

Maybe they should have spoken to mcd's though and swapped places ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

cocker5 wrote: »
    How about a Mcdonalds beside Go Gym... now that would be interesting :D

no different from having Maple Moose inside Shoreline

be good to see the old Skelley's place back in use though, terrible waste of a building leaving it empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Jimjay wrote: »
    Great news for greystones. It's amazing to see all the investment coming to the town. What with the new aldi, new marina, new mc Donald's and now the old gym building we thought would end up falling down.

Maybe they should have spoken to mcd's though and swapped places ;-)

New Marina?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Hopefully this will result in Shoreline reducing their prices

New Marina?

It's meant to be opening in April. I know we have had promises but I'm sure work has started on it now?

http://afloat.ie/port-news/greystones-harbour/item/20511-greystones-harbour-marina-to-open-next-april-with-100-berths

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

loyatemu wrote: »
    no different from having Maple Moose inside Shoreline

be good to see the old Skelley's place back in use though, terrible waste of a building leaving it empty.

Luckily Maple Moose has been closed since before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,850 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Luckily Maple Moose has been closed since before Christmas!

Yep -lucky for those people that worked there and are now out of a job, so parents don't have to worry about saying 'No' to their child instead of giving in every time they demand something.

It is a leisure centre, not a health spa.

Anyone dropped in to the gogym for open weekend? If so whats it like (i cant get there this weekend). Is it going to be a posers gym or something for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bdeithrick

Jimjay wrote: »
    Anyone dropped in to the gogym for open weekend? If so whats it like (i cant get there this weekend). Is it going to be a posers gym or something for everyone?

It's F€&@ing awesome gym lots of American resistance machines , large free weights area, Olympic bar, ladies gym section , spin room, aerobic gym. Threadmills, no bikes yet! . Weighted sledge on astro turf. Enough to get very tired there plus the jacuzzi and sauna are back . No pool open yet but maybe considered.
    399 platinum offer. I like it and may join before I hit 20 stone. I miss old J Skellys
    #TImeToBurn plus few celebries may so you the ropes

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

Popped into the gym yesterday, looks impressive. Opens in two weeks, rates from €39 p/m which beats shoreline.
    They've a women's only area too which is a nice touch.
    Best of luck to them!

I think its the talk of celebrity that puts me off. I have seen the owners advertising the fact that you will be able to spot celebrities and train along side them as a sales pitch. I would rather go to a gym that is focused on training than celebrities and posers. Hopefully it will be a gym for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

I was thinking of joining this gym, the thought of potentially appearing on the next series of Tallafornia if they decide to film there scares me!!

Popped into the gym yesterday, looks impressive. Opens in two weeks, rates from €39 p/m which beats shoreline.
    They've a women's only area too which is a nice touch.
    Best of luck to them!
    You're not comparing like with like as Shoreline has the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

You're not comparing like with like as Shoreline has the pool.

I kind of am, as unfortunately Shoreline don't give you a reduced price if you only use the gym- they charge me for the pool even though I've never used it.

So for someone who wants to use only a gym, €39 p/m is the best price locally.

I kind of am, as unfortunately Shoreline don't give you a reduced price if you only use the gym- they charge me for the pool even though I've never used it.

So for someone who wants to use only a gym, €39 p/m is the best price locally.
    Kind of, but not really. The addition of the swimming pool at a cheaper rate would be a winner for me. But I guess its by leaving it out and all the costs associated with having swimming that keeps their gym price down. Would be much closer for me too. Hopefully they do open the pool at some stage.

Definitely no harm to have competition for Shoreline, might convince them to clean their changing areas a bit more and fix the bogey equipment upstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Not Easy

Discussion on the Health & Fitness Forum about this gym, including comments from the owner...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056906956&page=3

Advertisement