Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name for good hairdressers in limerick city

• 19-02-2013 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Looking for the name of a good hairdresser in Limerick city, usually go to Peter Marks on William street but have not been very happy with the last few visits. Any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Vanilla browns which is in absolute hotel is really good hairdresser/beauty salon have been here now twice since changing hairdressers and really like going here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 action needed

Vanilla browns which is in absolute hotel is really good hairdresser/beauty salon have been here now twice since changing hairdressers and really like going here.

Thanks for the reply will give them a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

The Mrs goes to Pixies in the Parkway, she goes to Janice there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Cyril in Marbles on Cruises St. Highly recomended. I wouldn't go to anyone else :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Amanda in Melo Yelo is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

The OH goes to Willow Hair Studio out in Raheen!! very high standards out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RubyWoo83

I am quite particular about my hair & have tried a lot of the hair dressers around Limerick.

The only two I would recommend are Caren Cullen at Halo (currently on mat leave) and Niall Colgan at his own salon near the Strand Hotel. They are both pricey but worth it imo. Also a girl called Rosie at Niall Colgans does superb blowdries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

RubyWoo83 wrote: »
    I am quite particular about my hair & have tried a lot of the hair dressers around Limerick.

The only two I would recommend are Caren Cullen at Halo (currently on mat leave) and Niall Colgan at his own salon near the Strand Hotel. They are both pricey but worth it imo. Also a girl called Rosie at Niall Colgans does superb blowdries.

+1 for Halo

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yayaya11

Why were you not happy with Peter Mark 'action needed'?

yayaya11 wrote: »
    Why were you not happy with Peter Mark 'action needed'?
    the last few apointment were at the william street branch, i got my hair cut and coloured and found it to be expensive,the cost was €96. The colour had to be redone within two weeks, and the cut was not much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭kevinkmb36

is it the same girl you go to all the time in peter mark?? maybe you should ask for a different stylist in there perhaps and see how that goes..:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I really like Jim in Headmasters on Roches Street

kevinkmb36 wrote: »
    is it the same girl you go to all the time in peter mark?? maybe you should ask for a different stylist in there perhaps and see how that goes..:eek:

I have used different sytlist in there always very friendly, but last two or three appointments have not had a good result.

445279.ie wrote: »
    I really like Jim in Headmasters on Roches Street

Thanks for the suggestion will try it on the next appointment.

Had my hair cut and coloured yesterday in Bobs and Brows on the ennis road, excellent job on my hair, €68.00. The staff are very friendly / beautiful salon. Would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bluecats and butterflies

I bought a voucher for Headmasters Hair Salon and got my haircut by Jim. I was not impressed at all. My hair was messier leaving than when I went in. And then my friend pointed out to me when I got home that one side was shorter than the other. He took a very long time to do very little. I would not recommend it.

Advertisement