Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Mimnagh RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Condolences to his family

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Martin was tragically killed on a training ride yesterday. He leaves behind a young wife and four young children. Martin was an active club member, was involved in organising Tri795 for the last three years and was a genuinely genuinely nice guy. He will be sorely missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Thats awful! Poor family and friends!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

griffin100 wrote: »
    Martin was tragically killed on a training ride yesterday. He leaves behind a young wife and four young children. Martin was an active club member, was involved in organising Tri795 for the last three years and was a genuinely genuinely nice guy. He will be sorely missed.
    I can imagine. I heard about this last night, but didnt know who it was till this morning. My heart goes out to his family and everyone who knows him. We train as a hobby, we ride to have fun, its utterly tragic to have something like this happen to someone so thoroughly enjoying life.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Put 2 and 2 together as soon as I saw the thread. It could be any of us mourning a club mate today. :(

Best wishes to his family, friends and club mates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Sh1t, was this the accident in Wexford?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

tunney wrote: »
    Sh1t, was this the accident in Wexford?
    Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Its so sad to hear that for his family and fellow club members. As was said about it could be any of us hearing the death of a fellow club member.

But no matter the club its a fellow triathlete that has lost their life and more important a father of 4:(

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

What an absolute tragedy. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

Condolences to his family and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Martin, may you rest in peace.
    A terrible tragedy and condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

RIP Martin. My heart goes out to your family. This is so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Read that last night via TI on twitter. So sad. Thoughts with his family, friends and clubmates. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

I was so sad to read this, gave my a dull ache in my heart. My thoughts with his family, friens and club mates.

Four kids.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Condolences to his family and friends. I cannot imagine the pain & grief that they are going through right now.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Very saddened to hear this news, condolences to all who knew him, especially his young family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

He helped out at our Tinahely Duathlon last year, one of the many helpful enthusiasts that make Triathlon such a welcoming community. Deepest sympathies to his wife, family, and clubmates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

My heart goes out to his little kiddies. My God. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

A nightmare. Awfully sorry to hear about it and deep sympathy to his family. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

My deepest sympathies to his wife and family. RIP

Are there any racing795 members here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

tunney wrote: »
    Are there any racing795 members here?

I do believe Dusty Bin is as i have spoken to him before about the club. I've done their race the last 2 years and its really well run and a pleasure to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Really sorry to hear about this and am terrified to tell my wife about it... 4 kids too.. heart broken for them, the poor wife and kids, could have happened to any of us!!! my sincere and deepest condolences to his wife and family...

Advertisement