Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLR Bay 10k : Monday Aug 5th (Dún Laoghaire)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

Could be a nice little alternatiive to the Rock and Roll marathon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Looking forward to this one. Not an easy 10k by any means. Best race I've been at for parking! Got a spot last year about 20 metres from the start line! But other than that well organised, great atmosphere and crowds along the route. Beep, will they have race number collection on the day this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Looking forward to this one. Not an easy 10k by any means. Best race I've been at for parking! Got a spot last year about 20 metres from the start line! But other than that well organised, great atmosphere and crowds along the route. Beep, will they have race number collection on the day this year ?

They did last year, number collection was on Sat, Sun and Mon, so I expect it will be the same.

I have received 5 x €10 off vouchers for Boards members.
    PM me and I'll make a draw on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I have received 5 x €10 off vouchers for Boards members.
    PM me and I'll make a draw on Monday.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be organised:( I signed Mr Stew and I up for this before we went on holidays in the hope that it might somehow keep us on the straight and narrow, unfortunately it didn't so this will be a character building race:)
    Are there many signed up for it? I imagine the Rock n Roll Half is impacting numbers.
    The start line is less than half a mile from our house, I'm looking forward to it in spite of lack of fitness

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I've been thinking of this for the lolz. Horribly unfit at the moment but good race so beepbeep you've got mail. :)

Olwyn, you can have my teddy's ice-cream ready for me at the finish line :D

edit: Hope I can make it in to town for the dart actually with that stupid race thats on elsewhere that day :/

Marthastew wrote: »
    Sometimes it doesn't pay to be organised:( I signed Mr Stew and I up for this before we went on holidays in the hope that it might somehow keep us on the straight and narrow, unfortunately it didn't so this will be a character building race:)
    Are there many signed up for it? I imagine the Rock n Roll Half is impacting numbers.
    The start line is less than half a mile from our house, I'm looking forward to it in spite of lack of fitness

Numbers are on par with this stage last year, but they did have a good few in the last week, so let's see.
    I expect they'll get close to 1k again anyway.

I've been thinking of this for the lolz. Horribly unfit at the moment but good race so beepbeep you've got mail. :)

Olwyn, you can have my teddy's ice-cream ready for me at the finish line :D

edit: Hope I can make it in to town for the dart actually with that stupid race thats on elsewhere that day :/

Was tempted to have a Teddy's myself this morning after we put up posters and delivered leaflets, but the kids dragged me for a McDonald's breakfast instead :o

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

When does registration for this close Dom?

wrstan wrote: »
    When does registration for this close Dom?

Sunday

I'll send PM's to winners with voucher codes later this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Cardex

Sunday

Still unsure of my plans for the weekend and bank holiday so I'll be signing up for this at the last minute. Do you know if I can register on the morning of the race? If not, what time is online registration open until on Sunday? Thanks in advance.

Cardex wrote: »
    Still unsure of my plans for the weekend and bank holiday so I'll be signing up for this at the last minute. Do you know if I can register on the morning of the race? If not, what time is online registration open until on Sunday? Thanks in advance.

Midnight on Sunday and at the Royal Marine between 11am - 6pm.
    There will also be limited entries taken on race day up to 9:30am, but I believe there's an additional fee for these (+€5), so better to decide Sunday.

T Shirts (technical material)
    1001080_709173829097724_471426761_n.jpg
    1000449_709173842431056_766288016_n.jpg

Info from acceptance mail:
    Acceptance Letter
    Your Official Race Number is XXX
    Please bring this letter along with you to collect your number.

Dear <First Name>

Thank you for your entry into the 3rd annual dlr Bay 10k Road Race, taking place on Bank Holiday Monday, 5th August 2013 at 10:30am in Dún Laoghaire.
    Number collection will be held at Royal Marine Hotel, Dun Laoghaire on Sunday 4th August 2013 from 11.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. All Participants will be electronically chip timed. Please pay particular attention to your information pack provided to you during number collection, it will tell you how to secure the chip to your runners. Your time will be sent to you on the mobile phone number you provided and will be published on-line as well.
    On Race day, please be at the Start line before 10:00 am for Warm Up and Fun!!
    For information on how to get to Dún Laoghaire, please refer to http://www.dunlaoghaire.ie/about/getting-here/

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us info@dlrbay10k.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

if anybody hasn't registered yet pm me, I've registered and im unable to run this year, You can have me spot,

Just heard entries are over the 1k mark, most should have received confirmation letters now, more batches going out tonight.
    Also for those that provided a mobile number, confirmation texts will be sent Sat evening, with the details needed for registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Just heard entries are over the 1k mark, most should have received confirmation letters now, more batches going out tonight.
    Also for those that provided a mobile number, confirmation texts will be sent Sat evening, with the details needed for registration.

Thats fairly impressive considering the National half is on the same day.....and thats been hyped up to the eyeballs. Delighted they got a decent entry though. Course is very much a tale of 2 halves but all in all its really nice race.

FYI - For anyone that received voucher codes, the competition entry link will be deactivated tonight 11:59.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Running this on Monday.

I've been pretty sick with a chest infection the last couple of weeks, I should be ok to get through the race but any thoughts a decent time are probably long gone.

Anyway looking forward to it, weather looks good at least!!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/dun-laoghaire/207967/hourly-weather-forecast/207967?hour=81

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭brookers

Hi I would be delighted if the no. is still available, many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Runnerkilcoole

This race was great last year.Not a PB course really, but great atmosphere and well organised. looking forward to running it again. Glad they changed from cotton to 'technical' t-shirts. See you there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

This race was great last year.Not a PB course really, but great atmosphere and well organised. looking forward to running it again. Glad they changed from cotton to 'technical' t-shirts. See you there!

New to this running lark & this is my first race.
    I've just picked up my "technical t-shirt" - I usually just run in a cotton t-shirt.
    Is the advantage of these just less sweat? :eek:

frash wrote: »
    I've just picked up my "technical t-shirt" - I usually just run in a cotton t-shirt.

The technical tees with wick the sweat away and be more comfortable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Picked up the number and race pack there now. I very well organised and no queue. Nice race pack too, well done to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Grrrr... Went to the number pick-up in the Royal Marine Hotel. Was greeted by friendly faces. No queues. Had my race number 20 seconds later. Top notch t-shirt 10 seconds later. Goody-bag, which included among other things, a snack (now eaten) and a pedometer. After a quick chat, I was out of there a couple of minutes later. I have absolutely nothing to complain about. It's really frustrating. Grrrr...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Grrrr... Went to the number pick-up in the Royal Marine Hotel. Was greeted by friendly faces. No queues. Had my race number 20 seconds later. Top notch t-shirt 10 seconds later. Goody-bag, which included among other things, a snack (now eaten) and a pedometer. After a quick chat, I was out of there a couple of minutes later. I have absolutely nothing to complain about. It's really frustrating. Grrrr...

Any tayto crisps?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

Collected my pack earlier for this but as I am injured immediately handed back my chip, and without me asking at all, the girl behind the desk offered to check if my entry could be deferred to next year. They even let me keep the shirt!

Nice gesture and I readily accepted, thanks to the organisers, I was delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Collected my pack earlier for this but as I am injured immediately handed back my chip, and without me asking at all, the girl behind the desk offered to check if my entry could be deferred to next year. They even let me keep the shirt!

Nice gesture and I readily accepted, thanks to the organisers, I was delighted.

Wow - kudos to the organisers. Its a damn nice tshirt also.

I've definitely got this one on my list of races for next year. Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭longford76

Great registration again this year, friendly volunteers and really quickly through getting number and goodie bag.

Appreciate the technical t-shirt too, nice fit.

Looking forward to tomorrow now, time will be close to last year hopefully on the faster side.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Runnerkilcoole

frash wrote: »
    yes, big advantage. they let air through and dry quickly. cotton t-shirts, once wet, are an unmitigated disaster (chafing, weight, sticking to you etc!) best of luck tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

the girl behind the desk offered to check if my entry could be deferred to next year.....
    Could other Race Organisers please take note! Well done DL.

Advertisement