Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Historian in Killarney

Options
  • 19-02-2013 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Would anyone here know anyone with information, detailed information about Muckross Abbey please?

I was exploring down there today and something caught my attention. In town, I went into the Friary Church and spoke with a Friar in there about it. He was telling me that their is an historian out the Muckross area that gives talks, but couldn't think of his name and that he would be the best person with the answers for me.

The Friar is only in Killarney 20years and did provide some information and local knowledge for me; but wasn't 100% certain about what it is I am looking for info on.

Would anyone posting or lurking in here have the name of the/any historian in Killarney that I could contact and put the questions to and possibly satisfy my curiosity?

I don't want to post details on here.

Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Would anyone here know anyone with information, detailed information about Muckross Abbey please?

I was exploring down there today and something caught my attention. In town, I went into the Friary Church and spoke with a Friar in there about it. He was telling me that their is an historian out the Muckross area that gives talks, but couldn't think of his name and that he would be the best person with the answers for me.

The Friar is only in Killarney 20years and did provide some information and local knowledge for me; but wasn't 100% certain about what it is I am looking for info on.

Would anyone posting or lurking in here have the name of the/any historian in Killarney that I could contact and put the questions to and possibly satisfy my curiosity?

I don't want to post details on here.

Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam

Don't know the name of who you are looking for, but I've a notion that there were some history talks on in Muckross House at one stage. Maybe enquire there?

Maybe pop into the library in town - I'd imagine they would have some good people to talk to as regards local history.

Also if you're uncomfortable putting up details maybe throw up the general gist of your queries here ? Maybe as a starting point for what sort of area

At a guess I assume it's something to do with the graveyard/genealogy?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Also post this on the Killarney thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thanks for the advice on here and via pm. It turns out my Friar was spot-on! The advice and knowledge he shared was 100% correct. I must find that Friar again and Thank him in person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

O'Keeffe in Tralee may have some more info for you too

Advertisement