Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

booked 2013 IEC canada though USIT

Options
  • 19-02-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all

myself and my boyfriend are going to canada on the 2013 IEC canada programme, we went through USIT and paid our €299 each to them, to help!! now we are not happy with the service they have provided us so far or the price of flights they have given us!!

so my question really is do we have to book our flights with USIT? and if we dont who is best for two year travel insurance??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Hi all

myself and my boyfriend are going to canada on the 2013 IEC canada programme, we went through USIT and paid our €299 each to them, to help!! now we are not happy with the service they have provided us so far or the price of flights they have given us!!

so my question really is do we have to book our flights with USIT? and if we dont who is best for two year travel insurance??

I wouldn't say you have to book your flights through them if you can get them cheaper elsewhere.

for insurance
    http://www.backpackertravelinsurance.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sandraella2007

Thanks!! they say in there terms and con's that we have to, but i can't see how it wud affect our visa if we dont book them!! :confused:

maybe wait for more posts on the flights thing to be sure, I can't see how they can force you to use them for flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

We were in the same position last year. We just told them we didnt want to use thier service anymore and cancelled it. We lost the 299 quid we paid them but we actually saved by booking our own flights and insurance.

For our insurance I just called into the local travel agency and took out Blue Insurance with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Where do I get my work permit file number to link the my cic and kompass account?

• Advertisement

Agro Head wrote: »
    Where do I get my work permit file number to link the my cic and kompass account?

you log into your kompass account and under profile (which is along the right hand side), there will be an option saying update cic number, just click on that and put in your w******* number. you will be asked for a security question along with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Monkiki

I booked through usit and am really considering not booking my flights & insurance through them, just wondering how to go about it? There's not much they can do regarding the visa as the IEC is completely separate anyway, right??

Monkiki wrote: »
    I booked through usit and am really considering not booking my flights & insurance through them, just wondering how to go about it? There's not much they can do regarding the visa as the IEC is completely separate anyway, right??

Me and my boyfriend are currently in talks with USIT regarding this!! we are totally disgusted with the service they provided us, by going our own way we are saving €1100.00. trying to get our €598 back that we paid them as a couple for there service, they didnt provide...

they cant affect your visa so if I was you no I would not book flights or insurance with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

USIT will rip you off.. And not care

I understand why people would book with USIT if they are unsure of the whole application process, I wouldn't say that the online application is overly complicated and quite doable when you have read through the documents and what is required of you and I would think a lot of people would be lost without this forum, myself included.

• Advertisement

Hi, as mentioned yesterday we where in discussion with USIT regarding there terrible service that we paid €299 for.
    well they have agreed to give us our money back!!! so if anyone else is in the same predicament, at least there is hope in seeing your money again!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

Hi, as mentioned yesterday we where in discussion with USIT regarding there terrible service that we paid €299 for.
    well they have agreed to give us our money back!!! so if anyone else is in the same predicament, at least there is hope in seeing your money again!! :)

We are in the same position as you with usit the rip off merchants and i wud really appreciate if u cud tell me how u got them to refund you as id luv to do the same,thanks

tutts wrote: »
    We are in the same position as you with usit the rip off merchants and i wud really appreciate if u cud tell me how u got them to refund you as id luv to do the same,thanks

I sent u a private mail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dani10

Hi.

Myself and my three friends are in the exact same predicament. We are extremely unhappy with the service so far. We have an appointment with them this week, where we are expected to use 100 from the 299 that we have paid to put down a deposit on flights. I have a feeling that they will try and rip us off with flights and Insurance. I would ideally love to hear from someone who has already had their meeting, so I've a heads up and that we won't be caught on the hop.

There's no way I'm shelling out another penny to them, if this poor service continues.

Has anyone here already been to the appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Dani10 wrote: »
    Hi.

Myself and my three friends are in the exact same predicament. We are extremely unhappy with the service so far. We have an appointment with them this week, where we are expected to use 100 from the 299 that we have paid to put down a deposit on flights. I have a feeling that they will try and rip us off with flights and Insurance. I would ideally love to hear from someone who has already had their meeting, so I've a heads up and that we won't be caught on the hop.

There's no way I'm shelling out another penny to them, if this poor service continues.

Try and get out of using USIT. They will ask you to pay for flights and insurance through them aswell. Flights will be sky high! They will claim they are the cheapest flights on those dates as well, a load bs. Some of the lads on here are heading to Canada for €366 for flights.

WasterEx wrote: »
    Try and get out of using USIT. They will ask you to pay for flights and insurance through them aswell. Flights will be sky high! They will claim they are the cheapest flights on those dates as well, a load bs. Some of the lads on here are heading to Canada for €366 for flights.

couldn't agree more, USIT are not cheap, ask them how much the flight is and then try skyscanner to see if they are cheaper I would say they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

Dani10 wrote: »
    Hi.

If I were you, I'd actually get quotes online, and from other travel agents like trailfinders etc, for your intended dates before you go in to meet them. Bring printouts with you, so that way you know what prices are like and if they try and rip you off you can be ready!
    They tried to force me to book with them in 2010 to Toronto and I found them waaay more expensive than anywhere else even with the 100euro off. Don't let them get another penny out of you if you can help it. Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dani10

Thanks guys for the heads up on that. I'm in the middle of looking the flights up online and will have all printouts at the ready.

Anyone actually in the middle of applying for the Visa??

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eatmeimorganic

Hi Guys,

Im also looking at booking flights elsewhere but I am finding it difficult to book a return flight in 2015.......am I stuck with a 1 way flight ?

Hi Guys,

Im also looking at booking flights elsewhere but I am finding it difficult to book a return flight in 2015.......am I stuck with a 1 way flight ?

you only need a one way ticket, you don't have to book a return ticket for the visa beside you can't go that far forward to book a 2015 return flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

Dont rule out trying your local travel agents for flight prices,we got the best deal with ours and was waay cheaper than skyscanner with quick layover time,10 hrs total flight.we paid 1200 for 2 adults and one child one way,it was workin out at 1700 and up on skyscanner with the shortest time being 14hrs so big save!headin out on 26th of april,cant feckin wait to get outta ireland!

gary27 wrote: »
    you only need a one way ticket, you don't have to book a return ticket for the visa beside you can't go that far forward to book a 2015 return flight.

Thought as much :)

Do you need extra funds in your account to cover a return flight if needed ?

Thought as much :)

Do you need extra funds in your account to cover a return flight if needed ?

as long as you have the required savings at hand and insurance to show the immigration official you should be ok

Thanks Gary. Might try save a litttle extra just for my own peace of mind :)

Thanks Gary. Might try save a litttle extra just for my own peace of mind :)

I would doubt they ask for return flight as its a 2 year visa but save a bit extra by all means :)

Advertisement