Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan 2013 Babies

Options
  • 19-02-2013 6:54pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How are all your babies getting on?
    everyone getting sleep?
    how is the feeding going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Going grand with my wee man.Was getting up to 4 hours between feeds during the day,even getting 5 hours on some nights.Past few days he's gone back to 3 hours during day and night,dunno why that happened?!!He's 5 weeks on Thursday.Anyone advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Hey ladies!
    Going great with my little one. She's still three hours between feeds during the day but has been going about 5 hours between some night feeds, often we only wake once in the night. She's a bit colicky in the evenings but apart from that she's doing fantastic, she's started smiling more and she's piling on the weight. She's 7 weeks now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

He maybe getting hungrier or growing!!

Litttle man had his 6 week check up yesterday and has grown 10cm and put on 1lb 2 since he was born,he is long and skinny.

He is on hungry baby formula now so we have it down to about 5/6 150ml feeds a day and he feeds every 3 or 4 hours then at night I get about 7 hours.
    I feed on demand rather then scheduling it every 4 hours.

His 2 year old sister has stopped trying to give him away:)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

My missey is 3 weeks old today. She's doing fine, prefers the bottle to the breast tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Hi all,

Been so busy since little one arriving with family over!

Shes four weeks old today and doing great. At her two week check up she had put on 1lb 5oz!!!

Shes feeding ok, 4hr ish in day then last three nights has given me a six hr break. Hit and miss on how much she drinks but shes offered fouroz!

She has her BCG today... Think she must sense it as has been bit unsettle since 4!!

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »

He is on hungry baby formula now so we have it down to about 5/6 150ml feeds a day and he feeds every 3 or 4 hours then at night I get about 7 hours.
    I feed on demand rather then scheduling it every 4 hours.

How do you find the hungry baby formula? I had wanted to try it but heard it could make baby a bit constipated?

I'm finding bedtime routine a bit exhausting. She is colicky and restless in the evenings meaning she stays awake till a feeding at about 11 meaning we rarely get to bed before 12.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I used it for my 1st and now for my 3rd and it is brilliant both are starving babies though.
    I would go to bed about 12/1 witht he baby and then get up at 7/8 mostly because hate mornings:)

I may end up switching to that - often she doesn't make it 3 hours between feeds, especially in the evenings, that might fill her up a bit more!

How is everyone and how are all the lovely babies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

I finally made it back to boards, now that munch is going more than 20mins to an hour between feeds. Woohoo. How's everyone doing?

• Advertisement

I did not last nursing this time,he was permanently hungry.
    we are good:)
    he is getting huge!!
    How are you?

Munch was the exact same hon. It was going great the first couple of weeks after we got him home, but he was just so hungry i never had enough time to express enough milk in between feeds for when he was going to his dads. He was back within 2 hours because he just didn't have enough food. So we had to put him on formula feeds when C had him on alternate days. He's now on formula full time the last 3 weeks and we're going through 2 boxes a week of the hungrier one. We don't mind though as he has more than doubled his birth weight at his last check up and so far theres been no adverse effects/problems with him being a premmie. I'm doin grand had recovered from the section within 3 weeks. Just been kept constantly busy with so many feeds. He was on 14-16 a day until he started sleeping longer at night. It's great that everyone is doing so well.

glad to hear that he is doing well and that you are too:)
    My small boy has 210ml every 3 hours but sleeps for about 8 hours most nights.
    He is too long for 3-6 month clothes but too skinny for 6-9 so knee socks and footless trousers!!
    ALl my kids have their PHN check ups next week so hopefully it goes well.

Yup he's def a hungry little man alright moon :-) we're on about 150 every 1.5-2 hours with a topup in between too lol. Have you tried h and m for clothes. I've gotten some really nice ones sized 4 mnths. Price wise they are not too bad either. I'm sure the kids will all fly through their check ups hun. I'm sick of check ups atm min. L is in the coombe every six to eight weeks and the same schedule with the phn but they have it alternated so that he sees the nurse between hospital visits. So its once a month every month *sigh*. How did babs settle in with the rest of the kiddies?

that sucks:(

My 2 year old was terrible at putting on weight so I used to have her at the phn every week to ger her weighed. She is now 27 months and about 24lbs but is intelligent and chatty:)
    She wanted to give him back for the 1st few weeks but she lvoes him now.
    My 4 year old is in love with her brother,she can not do enough for him and is always playing with him and wanting to help and well besotted.
    They try to include him in their games and of course he loves all the attention.

You must be wrecked.

I am getting broody again lol

So long as she's happy and healthy i wouldn't worry about her weight. Some kids are just small. I'd say you have a good giggle watching the girls tryin to get the little man to play with them. K just randomly pokes munch when i'm feeding him. Although she loves "helping" me when its bath time. She's very protective of him though. She was convinced he was a dolly at first, kept trying to put him in her toy buggy. Does hubby know you're getting broody again? Lol. I will say it is alot easier with four than three, but in saying that theres age gaps of a few years between all of mine. You can keep your broodiness to yourself hun, i'm getting "fixed" in a week.

There are exactly 2 years between all of mine.
    Jan 2009.2011 and 2013:)
    Aww @ treating him like a doll that is so cute.
    They play trains and drag his bouncer in as a carriage,they play farms or Zoo and he is an animal it is hilarious to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭annamarie2013

Just wondering how many ounces your January babies are taking in at this stage?? What is the guideline??

Mine takes about 42oz a day.(6 x 210ml bottles)
    The guidelines are written on the side of the carton.

He was 65cm and 6.2kg at his 3 month check up. I think he is huge:)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭annamarie2013

Thats a fine baby! We've just had our three month check and baba is weighing 11 pounds 7 at the minute.. Taking in around 24 ounces... Seems very little in comparison to yours!!

• Advertisement

Hi ladies. How are ye all keeping?
    My little one is a hungry lady too. She has been on 6x150ml feeds up until now and we are in the process of switching her to 5x210ml feeds. She's sleeping through the night, has her last feed at 11 and makes it to 8am most mornings and then goes back down for a nap until about 11. Can't get her to nap at all during the day. She gets tired in the afternoon/ early evening but will only nap if she's in the pram or being carried by mammy or daddy!

Glad to hear everyone is getting on well. Time is flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Hi all! I was on the dec 2012 thread (isnt it crazy there's a dec 13 thread already??...how time flies!!) but herself decided to make a late appearance.

Still bfing which is both challenging and rewarding and looking forward to my hols on wednes. Glad everyone is getting on well.

Hardly on here now but after being up for over two hours with little one I now can't sleep!!

Little darling is 16 weeks now, she sleeps well most nights 19:00-06:30 (so tonight is a one off!)

Bottle are a battle tho. For last 6 weeks she has just been taking four bottle and with that doesn't finish them! Used to have about 20pz in a day but lately only 17oz!

Had 3/12 check this week and PHN is happy as her weight growth is even on the 50tu centile! She's 12lb 14oz and 60 cm longs!

When is everyone going to start weaning??

Have people been to many groups! We did massage and recently started swimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Nicky987 wrote: »

Little darling is 16 weeks now, she sleeps well most nights 19:00-06:30 (so tonight is a one off!)
    Wow, that's brilliant! Ur very lucky that she sleeps from 7pm to 6.30am.Our wee man once slept 10pm to 7pm.......Once!He's 17 weeks, big baby, 18-8,over 60cm long. Can't seem to get him into a routine at all.Normally wakes up for at least 1 feed during night (bottle fed).
    How do you manage to get your baby to sleep
    so well??

We were just lucky, from around three weeks she was going 23-6 then I took her home at 7 weeks for a week and she was falling asleep around 21-08!!! She kinda just got herself in the routine! However we do forfit daytime sleeps because of it! Now she used to go to bed on her own (lay her in cot, put mobile on and walk out) but she cries now so have to soothe her to sleep. Wow his flying in size, well done!

Has anyone started solids yet? My little one has had her first baby rice in the past week and she seems to love it!
    She's sleeping really well at the moment (11-8) but she will be moving to her own room at the weekend so I really hope she stays having a full nights sleep!

He nearly ate the hand off me while I was eating a banana during the week so I let him have some and he loved it,I gave him some mango puree and he loved it too but that is all so far.
    He could take 7 x 210ml bottles somed ays but usually it is 6.

Not so small boy has started extending his arm and waving his hand up and down at people while laughing:)
    He is huge!! he is in 9-12 month clothes and looks like a chubster beside his sister that is exactly 2 years older!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

Ya i started feeding at five and half months. Loves everything so far. Esp. Puree pear and apple or puree carrot & parsnip. The last few days we ve moved on to having it a bit lumpy - no bother. Also takes steamed carrot or brocolli for finger foods while we re eating since he passed the six month mark. Bottle wise he takes 6 180 ml bottles. And boiled water in between.
    They are growing up so fast!

• Advertisement

Urgh!!!, my little one has been waking during the night these last fee days! Not sure if its the heat or what. She's a monster! My eyes sting they are that tired! Hopefully she sleeps thru tonight so I can re charge the ol batteries.

How is everyone doing? Little one is 19 weeks now, started first taste couple of weeks back and she's have a late breakkie / early lunch and then a late lunch / early tea! Not sure when I need to introduce a proper breakfast?

She's just started these last few plays playing more with her toys and realising she has feet and can reach things. Growing way to quick. Has anyone been to many groups etc? What do you mainly do with your days? I don't know where the hours go.

Advertisement