Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan 2013 Babies

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have 3 so mostly running around after all of them:)
    He vomited up nearly all the food I gave him so postponing weaning for another while.
    He is sleeping from about 12-7:30 again now which suits me,his 6:30 phase was a bit tiring for me!
    He loves his eldest sister(4) and she loves him but I sometimes need nerves of steel watching the games but his laughing at her normally calms me!!
    She is jsut over the chicken pox and now the 2 year old has it ,just as I got my freedom back:( she seems fine though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SaucySue

Oh I get so jealous reading how great all the other January babies are sleeping! She'll usually go to sleep maybe 10 / 11pm and be up for the day by 6am but in between she'll wake anywhere from 1 to 5 times,most nights three times. She won't take a bottle so it has to be me who gets her every time and she might be awake fifteen mins feeding or might be nearly an hour. Tried different techniques but no luck and shes just as bad during day,most she usually sleeps is two hours ovee three naps,sometimes might only sleep half hour or so total from 6am to 11pm :-(

She's a wonderful smily,happy baby most of the time but I am so so tired and just dont kbow what to try. Tried no cry sleep routine but no luck and EASY but nothing either. Can't take eyes off her for a minute as she's rolling everywhere so I put her on playmat and next thing shes rolled halfway across the room!!

Started her on baby rice last week and she loves it gobbles all down but no change to sleep. We go swimming once a week and mum and baby group so least thats something for my sanity! She is brilliant and so lovely to see new expressions and hear new sounds I just wish she would sleep!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

baby rice isn't really proper food so once you start her on fruit and veg it might be easier. Mine never slept for long when I was nursing them either but once she is weaned it will get easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭missis aggie

Saucy Sue don't worry you are not on your own here :) my girl is waking at night up to 3 times or more. Did you tried feeding lying down? Saved my sanity:) during the day she has maybe 3 20 min naps (usually on the boob :)accept when we are on the move. Also very active and love to be carried around to see everything. Its hard but I know it will pass once she be on the move ( thats what happened with my first girl). I didn't start solids yet as I'm waiting little bit longer to start baby led weaning. I also don't think ( from my experience) that solids make any difference to sleep.

Advertisement