Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enda Kenny gets emotional and cries live on TV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

G Power wrote: »
    it will give ya an insight into how bad politics and politicians have let things slip when even if he had cried us a river we'd have no way of knowing if he was genuine!!
    the world is upside down and those currently in charge if fixing it are not to be trusted!!

So they fix it but are not to be trusted, hemmm does not compute, scenario,

they did fook all and they lied they are not to be trusted,

they did something and said sorry, they are not to be trusted, if I am not wrong it is something the people of Ireland are and have been crying out for, disclosure,

it has to start somewhere, for the politicians (not the right people to run a country, economy,) to understand to tell the people what is really going on will not kill them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Never mind Enda. The disgrace of the attire Wallace and Claire Daly wore to the reading of this report. A luminous polo shirt on him and fùcking sunglasses on her.

Have they no respect for Dáil Éireann?
    Must be bloodshot after a night on the razzle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭G Power

So they fix it but are not to be trusted, hemmm does not compute, scenario,

they did fook all and they lied they are not to be trusted,

they did something and said sorry, they are not to be trusted, if I am not wrong it is something the people of Ireland are and have been crying out for, disclosure,

it has to start somewhere, for the politicians (not the wright people to run a country, economy,) to understand to tell the people what is really going on will not kill them.

you are right and i look forward to the day that politicians have enough fear of the public backlash to give us honest efforts and answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

I dont think kenny would have the skills to actually fake it, btw people are making it like he actaully broke down and cry, He had a little emotional stutter at the end of his speech and had to clear his throat, For those that missed it

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Bull **** , poor actor to be frank

You are shameless.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    He might be a politician but that doesn't make him a robot, cop yourself on

would ya stop!! if he was any stiffer we'd be laying him out across scaffolding

edit. if there was any building going on that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I dont think kenny would have the skills to actually fake it, btw people are making it like he actaully broke down and cry, He had a little emotional stutter at the end of his speech and had to clear his throat, For those that missed it

Fair play to him if it was genuine. Would have though he'd cry while he wrote the speech.

Couldn't even see his mascara run

squod wrote: »
    Fair play to him if it was genuine. Would have though he'd cry while he wrote the speech.

Couldn't even see his mascara run

Bertie was the man for the makeup, 37k in one year, but he looked lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A luminous polo shirt on him and fùcking sunglasses on her.

TBH I'd be wearing sunglasses next to that luminous polo shirt.

Derek Zoolander himself.
    A eugoogoolizer... one who speaks at funerals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I'd say he though of the cost of compensation and got choked up a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

would ya stop!! if he was any stiffer we'd be laying him out across scaffolding

edit. if there was any building going on that is

I find it strange you were watching his groin area during the speech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

The women in question were happy with Enda's apology, that's the only thing that matters really.

woodoo wrote: »
    I'd say he though of the cost of compensation and got choked up a little.

what compo??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Aquarius34

paddy147 wrote: »
    Live on RTE now........

Is it genuine??

Or

Is it just a very good act and pandering to the public???

Oh ffs what a mess if it's true. Why do people watch T.V?

what compo??

nack nack nack nack nack, ruffles your tie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

KittyChai wrote: »
    Hmmmm Fine Gael are struggling in the popularity polls! He saw what shedding a few correctly timed tears did for Obama and took a leaf outta his book!!

That's exactly what I thought.

Kenny is a knob jockey of the highest order, he hasn't had an original idea since he got into government. FFS the cretin even copied one of Obama's speeches when Obama came to Ireland.

Fuck off Kenny, nobody's falling for your bullshit.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    That's exactly what I thought.

Kenny is a knob jockey of the highest order, he hasn't had an original idea since he got into government. FFS the cretin even copied one of Obama's speeches when Obama came to Ireland.

Fuck off Kenny, nobody's falling for your bullshit.

There are many around him who will lapp it up and regurgitate it, creating lovely roses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

He's a bad man. He made an apology that other bad men didn't make. Bertie & Cowen were just as capable of saying sorry. Much as it breaks my heart to see that fuhken ***** run my country, I tip my hat to him this time.

what compo??

The women will get compensation i'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭starlings

He's a bad man. He made an apology that other bad men didn't make. Bertie & Cowen were just as capable of saying sorry. Much as it breaks my heart to see that fuhken ***** run my country, I tip my hat to him this time.

It was David Cameron who had to make the official apology for Bloody Sunday. Lots of people don't like him or the Tories, but it was the right thing to do, no matter who said the words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Never mind Enda. The disgrace of the attire Wallace and Claire Daly wore to the reading of this report. A luminous polo shirt on him and fùcking sunglasses on her.

Oh, but there like us, you know, the commoners. They can't wear a suit, they must dress like us, since they aren't those other bourgeoisie TDs.

I have expect Mick to wear a Nike tracksuit to the next one:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Pretending to cry:rolleyes:

this charlatan schoolteacher and his media handler gimps are really scraping the bottom of the barrell

As was hitler, but he did not have the pension, plus he decided to take maters into his own hand at the end, we are fools and will be fools till we get away from, it is and there is nothing can do about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

What nobody seems to be saying is that Martin McAleese was either incapable of investigating what went on and writing the report or he was pressured by something/someone to keep certain things out of it.

Several former residents of The Laundries have spoken publicly about having suffered physical abuse whilst there yet the report says there is no evidence of any physical abuse.

Also, only a fool would believe that The Laundries didn't make a profit.

Why is Martin McAleese above criticism?

Why is what amounts to either his lies or his incompetence going unquestioned?

woodoo wrote: »
    The women will get compensation i'd imagine.

from whom?

Henlars67 wrote: »
    What nobody seems to be saying is that Martin McAleese was either incapable of investigating what went on and writing the report or he was pressured by something/someone to keep certain things out of it.

Several former residents of The Laundries have spoken publicly about having suffered physical abuse whilst there yet the report says there is no evidence of any physical abuse.

Shushh......... he was busy with that "Your Country, Your Call." thing.

Can of worms which will never lead to jail time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why was a Catholic headbanger appointed to head the investigation?

Off to Rome with the wife now i believe

Joke of a country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

He's a homosexual

xLexie wrote: »
    He's a homosexual

Nice knowing you, not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

from whom?

The state will have to cough up some coins because of a few sick penguins

from whom?

A la taxpayer no doubt.

hawkelady wrote: »
    The state will have to cough up some coins because of a few sick penguins

Just like the bond holders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

xLexie wrote: »
    He's a homosexual

who is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

His apology was genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

His apology was genuine.

Was his choked back tears though???????

Ps , how do you 100% know it was genuine , I'm intrigued to know how you can make a statement like you did unless you actually are Enda.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

just surprised he didn't stop half way through to text someone on his phone.

His apology was genuine.

Time will tell, if there was ever a moment for a party to step up and do what needs to be done it is now, if they do not, there will be no hiding holes.

Ps , how do you 100% know it was genuine , I'm intrigued to know how you can make a statement like you did unless you actually are Enda.

Twins, maybe, just a tought.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Honestly some people are never happy. Some Irish people here would rather dip their balls in hot wax then be happy. No wonder suicide is so high. Perpetual negativity. Well done lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

I thought Enda was pathetic for crying over something that basically had nothing to do with him.Made him look soft as ****e.I don't think anyone should get a penny until the religious orders are forced to cough up a big percentage of what is owed.They have gotten away with murder in the past financially.I think surviving people who claim abuse should get a payment capped at about 20 grand.Nothing for the families,they weren't the ones being abused.

Who is this spokesman Steven O'Riordan and what is his connection does anyone know to the laundries?

Time will tell, if there was ever a moment for a party to step up and do what needs to be done it is now, if they do not, there will be no hiding holes.

Certainly, words need to be followed by action. But the apology tonight was quite clear in its message :

He said: "I, as Taoiseach, on behalf of the State, the Government and our citizens deeply regret and apologise unreservedly to all those women for the hurt that was done to them."

"This is a national shame for which I'm deeply sorry and offer my full apologies."

Reference RTE:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0219/368465-maglalene-report-government/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Well Ted, I'm very cynical as you know...

Who said that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm only going to be happy to see Enda cry when it's been caused by a donkey kick to his sack

jank wrote: »
    Honestly some people are never happy. Some Irish people here would rather dip their balls in hot wax then be happy.

Tried that during the Spanish inquisition............ not too nice.

• Advertisement

jay-me wrote: »
    Who said that?

Teds mate, as they lifted the next bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

That lame report only deals with a small fraction of the women and children made slaves in laundries by the catholic church and their daughters of Satan.

The report also states there was no real profits made by these slave workshops but several years ago there was a program called states of fear which showed turnover figures as high as £100000 for a single laundry in a county Cork town.

Let's look at the maths of it, they took payment from most departments of the civil service whether for uniforms and work clothing or for catering and hospital laundry, they also did "washing" for the Army Navy and AirCorps as well as the Gardai and prison service. They also would have had private work from hotels and restaurants. To keep customers from switching to their few competitors they would be a little cheaper but still charged almost the going rate.

Now their outgoings were nothing like their competitors, the laundries paid NO wages to their slaves! They were in fact getting payments from the state for feeding and providing clothing and education for many of the girls in their care who were still considered minors! They took Babies from young women and put them into their own orphanages where they fed them very little and gave them no education or clothing yet they were all the time sending begging letters to the state for EXTRA payments for feeding and clothing and educating these little bastards.

Is Kenny sincere? not a bit! he and the rest of them couldn't give a sh1t as long as it doesn't affect their salary and extras!

I'm not as motivated in answering you as you are, intrigued. Sorry. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

How the fuck could Fianna Fail sit in government for so long and do **** all about this issue, fucking bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

robman60 wrote: »
    I can't believe people are so bloody cynical.
    It was clearly sincere and in no way feigned.

Some people never stop complaining, jeez.

If he hadn't been so completely full of it for the past two years, and lied about virtually everything, then people would be less critical.

Therefore, it's completely reasonabl to presume he is an insincere liar, not to be trusted, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement