Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adivice following car accident

• 19-02-2013 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,

I am looking for some advice of anyone who may have some tips. I was hit by a car today while crossing at a pedestrian crossing at green light. The car broke the red light and smacked into my side. No serious injuries just hurt my elbow its a bit swollen nothing mental.

I took the registration number and I'm just wondering what happens now? I will be going to the Gardai tomorrow (spent today in x ray so...) to make a report. I'm just not sure what happens now? I'm more concerned about this driver being caught for dangerous driving than any financial gains, all I want is some assistance with med bills maybe since I'm a student.

Any help or advice would eb greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No legal advice can be given here. But you should be ok if you report the incident to the Gardai. They should have no problem tracking the owner of the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 temporary1247

Perhaps that was the wrong way to phrase it, just more if anyone has been in this situation what can I expect? Will I have to go to court?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

All depends on how the Gardai view it. Be sure to get the name of the driver from them, or at least indicate to them that you will be looking to get your medical bill paid for by the toerag that drove through the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 temporary1247

thanks very much everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

See how you feel in a few days - make sure you keep any evidence of any medical issues and costs. Did the guy stop or carry on?

People breaking red lights in this country is shocking. I almost got taken out by a guy on the SCR about two hours ago.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement