Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ok trying to figure out how many cafe/restaurant have gone since2008more info inside

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Is le blaa still open somebody on WLR Said it was gone !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

decies wrote: »
    Is le blaa still open somebody on WLR Said it was gone !!
    A few minutes after that was said, Billy McCarthy said the owner of La Blaa called in to say they're still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Ah Lochmans for us old schoolers. Used to love that place years ago. Sad to see it go :-(

Was that the place by the alleyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Finnbar01 wrote: »

Do you mean the alley way off of the Quay that leads into George's Court? That'd be one way of getting to it. Though actually there is The Pantry in that alley way. Jesus, I never think of that place. Need somewhere else to go now Brunch is gone....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

73Cat wrote: »
    Do you mean the alley way off of the Quay that leads into George's Court? That'd be one way of getting to it. Though actually there is The Pantry in that alley way. Jesus, I never think of that place. Need somewhere else to go now Brunch is gone....

Ok, thanks for jogging my memory. Yes I was on about the Pantry, is that still there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

back in the day Finbarr -- hen you were thrown out for spending too long over a coke!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

Hang on, so BBs (downstairs in George's Court) AND Brunch (upstairs in George's Court) are gone??

Brunch had THE BEST lasagne and chips :( With a big lump of coleslaw on the side!

That little newsagents beside BBs is also gone - George's Court will be empty!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Ok, thanks for jogging my memory. Yes I was on about the Pantry, is that still there?

Yep, The Pantry is still there:). It's easy to forget it is though, up that alley. It's been there for years. As far as I can remember you used to be able to get into the cafe through Chapman's shop on the Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm surprised Brunch is gone they as always seemed to have a few people in there all day. Decent place for a quick dinner too. Im sad to see it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

GrandBlaa wrote: »
    Hang on, so BBs (downstairs in George's Court) AND Brunch (upstairs in George's Court) are gone??

Brunch had THE BEST lasagne and chips :( With a big lump of coleslaw on the side!

That little newsagents beside BBs is also gone - George's Court will be empty!

Maybe I'm putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5 but are George's court looking to close themselves? See no other reasons to be increasing rents and driving tenants out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

Maybe I'm putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5 but are George's court looking to close themselves? See no other reasons to be increasing rents and driving tenants out.

looks that way, even existing tenants are not getting leases renewed long term, just 1 year leases.... something up their sleeves!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

73Cat wrote: »
    Yep, The Pantry is still there:). It's easy to forget it is though, up that alley. It's been there for years. As far as I can remember you used to be able to get into the cafe through Chapman's shop on the Quay.

Tis good for the breakfasts
    We go there nearly every 2 sats, breakfasts ae always good.

Maybe their turning it into a Supercafe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Just wondering is Ryans pub on Barracks Street closed down? I passed by at different times over the past 2 weeks and the shutters have always been down...

Advertisement